Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123NancyH123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Electrical Questions and Answers Free
    After a electrical storm went through area. I was left with a house with 1/2 power off on one side of house and 1/2 electrical power on, on the other side of house. Already tried breaker switchs and looked around outside for power line disruption but did not find anything. I did call Consumers to come out, so far no show.
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Jul 20, 2013, 08:37 PM
    Are any of your 240volt appliances working? (Stove, oven, wAter heater, etc.). If half your power is out you probably lost a leg from the utility. They should correct the problem.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 08:38 PM
    Turn main breaker OFF then back ON. If that doesn't restore power you will have to wait on the power company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical questions and answers free [ 1 Answers ]

I had a receptacle that popped and flashed for a moment, but didn't trip the breaker. I checked the upper and lower for polarity, etc.. And both are correct. When I opened and looked at the receptacle, the two right screws had black wires, and the two left ones have white wires, with the ground...

Free Answers to Electrical Questions [ 3 Answers ]

Is it a code violation to use seal tight to cross an expansion joint in a parking garage instead of using expansion couplings

Free electrical questions answers [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to install 3 new wall lights. There were lights there previously. When I check to make sure the wires are live before installing the fixture, they are live. Once the fixture is installed and I check again, the wires are no longer live. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Electrical questions and answers free [ 2 Answers ]

Why we connect inductor in series & capacitor in parallel across the resistor in mxwells inductance bridge

Free answers to electrical questions [ 1 Answers ]

want to buy a swag plug-in chandelier but it only comes in a pendant lamp to be hung from the electric box in the ceiling. Can I change the electric cord with one that has a plug on the end to plug into the wall? I will need more chain and a long cord with a plug. Can I do this and how difficult...

View more questions Search