Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Warren D Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 01:04 PM
    After flushing my toilet it sounds like a fog horn. I have a flushometer.
    I just replace the diaphragm and now after flushing I get a fog horn sound. I live in a apartment building. What adjustments or replacements can I make.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
    Hello Warren,

It sounds that you may have some debris inside the fill valve you need to flush out the debris out from the fill valve,here is how close the angle valve under the toilet tank, remove the cap from the fill valve, see the attach image for mor detail, Good luck.

John
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 21, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Hi guys!

Afaroo (John), Warren is talking about an actual FLUSHOMETER toilet like you see in commercial establishments, but I'm sure he appreciates your time all the same!

Warren, did you have this "foghorn" sound before replacing the diaphragm? If not, first, open and close the shutoff again... see if maybe the washer at the shutoff to the flushometer is chattering a bit. If that fails to resolve it, I would take the diaphragm out, clean everything up again, and then reseat/install the diaphragm again... may not have seated properly. Try that and then let me know what happens, OK?

Mark

Jul 21, 2013, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi guys!

Afaroo (John), Warren is talking about an actual FLUSHOMETER toilet like you see in commercial establishments, but I'm sure he appreciates your time all the same!

Warren, did you have this "foghorn" sound before replacing the diaphragm? If not, first, open and close the shutoff again...see if maybe the washer at the shutoff to the flushometer is chattering a bit. If that fails to resolve it, I would take the diaphragm out, clean everything up again, and then reseat/install the diaphragm again...may not have seated properly. Try that and then let me know what happens, OK?

Mark
    Hey Mark. Thanks for your advise. NO,I didn't have the fog horn before I replaced the worn out diaphragm. I turned on and off the shutoff several times and did reset the diaphragm but still makes the fog horn sound. Any other ideas you can offer me. I would really appreciate it. Thanks again.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Good catch Mark,

I miss read the thread, Thanks

Jul 21, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afaroo View Post
    Good catch Mark,

I miss read the thread, Thanks
    Afaroo... I appreciate the time you took to try to help me out. Thanks anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud fog horn noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

The flat below me and my flat have different toilet noise problems. 1) Flat below seems to make a loud fog horn noise throughout the filling of the tank after a flush. The noise travellers all the way through my flat. 2) My toilet has recently started making a fairly loud squeak for a split...

Loud fog horn noise when toilet flushed [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem when I flush my upstairs toilet. It sounds like a fog horn. Sometimes the noise is relieved if I turn the cold water tap on. It's driving me crazy and I can even hear it in the garden when someone flushes it! Please help! No one dare flush in the night.

Fog horn sound when any toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When we flush any of our toilets we hear a very loud fog horn sound. The sound is coming from the basement near the main shut off. We have tried turning off the water and opening all the faucets and flush all the toilets to get the any air out of the lines. It work for about a week then it started...

Fog horn noise from toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fog horn noise that emenates from the inner pipes well after the toilet flushes; sometimes long and sometimes short, but doesn't come from the toilet because it happens after any of three toilets in the house flush.

Flushing toilet loud fog horn noise? But also happened after running bath water. [ 0 Answers ]

This noise has happened occasionally over the past 5 years but more in the past 2 days. It used to be only the toilet in the hall bathroom but now it's also after running bath water in a different bathroom? Help is this a sign of frozen pipes or something bad??

View more questions Search