Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Porterguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Richmond water heater FVD reset
    Power vent Model 6GR40PVE2-40.
    Fumes long gone. How do I reset?
    Somewhere I read just unplug the FVD and plug it back ?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 21, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Hi porterguy

If the FVD (flame vapor device) failed due to fumes from anything that sets the FVD off then the FVD will need to be replaced entirely. In most cases, the FVD can simply be removed from the front or side of the water heater and taken to a local plumbing supply house (only place that will have these) for replacement.

Let us know how you make out, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Richmond water heater pilot light won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Richmond 40 gal water heater. The sewage pipe in our basement recently overflowed, leaving about 2 inches of water in the basement. Once we got the mess cleaned up, we noticed we have no hot water. We checked the pilot on the hot water heater and found it was out. Tried re-lighting it...

How do you clean the burner on a richmond powervent water heater [ 0 Answers ]

The burner on my richmond power vent water heater will not stay lit. The control module will try to relight 3 times and then it goes into lock out mode.

Richmond water heater [ 10 Answers ]

We have had a Richmond 50 gallon water heater (6G50pv-42pf) for about 4 years now. Recently our propane ran out and the water heater shut off. When we filled up the propane and started up the powervent, there is a noise like it is trying to kick on but there is no ignition then it shuts off. ...

State Select electric water heater, reset button will not reset... HELP! [ 0 Answers ]

Our old water heater finally quit. We were given a 3 yr old State Select electric water heater and my husband is installing it. It seems the reset button will not reset. There is power to the top element, but when he checks the bottom element... no power! The reset button seems to be unable to...

Richmond water heater [ 2 Answers ]

have a Richmond water heater Im having electrical problems using 110 v

View more questions Search