Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Holly1110 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2013, 09:25 AM
    Why doesn't my partner want sex anymore?
    My partner and I have been together 5 yrs and just recently we had an argument and I told him sex is boring because he never initiates it or takes any control.

Now he doesn't want sex and the one time we did do it he went soft. Would the reason be because I said the things I did? I wasn't trying to be mean. I just really am sick of him doing nothing in bed. But now I'm not getting any! What should I do?

I am a 31 year old female, and he is 36 year old male.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 09:59 AM
    I have no doubt the approach to your problem is at the heart of this stalemate, and he is using it to express his objection to it. Just a few questions please.

Are there kids involved, and do you both work? Has he always been like this, or have there been major changes in lifestyle, routines, finances, or employment for either of you? Often a lack of sex in a relationship is directly tied to problems in other areas that need addressing.

Jul 20, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I have no doubt the approach to your problem is at the heart of this stalemate, and he is using it to express his objection to it. Just a few questions please.

Are there kids involved, and do you both work? Has he always been like this, or have there been major changes in lifestyle, routines, finances, or employment for either of you? Often a lack of sex in a relationship is directly tied to problems in other areas that need addressing.
    We have 5 children between us and we work, but there is nothing different. We have gone through lots of hurdles in life and this is the first and only time our sex life has ever been like this.
    When we first got together it took him 2 months to have sex with me as he said he wants to love me before we have sex so now I am thinking he doesn't love me anymore
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 20, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Your approach is likely the cause of this. Think about how you'd feel if he said to you, what you said to him.

Couples need to be able to discuss sex, and what they expect, but they should do that in a positive way, not accusing, or mean. If he said that he finds sex with you boring, how would you react? Would that lead you to want more sex with him? I doubt it.

You hurt him, and now he's no longer interested. Can't really blame him for that. I'd be hurt too if I was told that I was boring in bed, and I'm not assertive enough. I'd much rather someone say "I feel that our sex life is getting a bit monotonous, any ideas how to spice it up a bit"?

You really didn't communicate very well, and he's letting you know that what you said, hurt.

Jul 21, 2013, 02:39 AM
    Yes very true. I have no idea where to go from here! Damn it!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Apologize with heart felt words, and selfless action, and the patience of Jobe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't my partner want sex anymore? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my partner have only been together for 5 months. Me being 20 and him being 23. The first month we were together we couldn't keep our hands off each other. Around the 1 month mark sex slowed down to a couple times a week. He explained work was very stressful and he had a lot on his mind which...

My partner does not love me anymore [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Guys where do I start - this is the first time I have posted to a board - but I really feel as though Im going insane. In a nutshell I have been with my partner for 4 and a half years. We lived together in a flat and bought a house together in August 2007 (its now May 2008). As far as I'm...

My partner doesn't want sex anymore. [ 9 Answers ]

HI My partner of 2 yrs has completely lost Interest In having sex with me. He says It's not me , at the moment he Is very stressed about his lack of work and money. I try to help him and be supportive , I am In the same situation with my business and know how worrying things are for him. ...

Why cant I get my partner to come anymore? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 yrs and sex was always great. He moved to a different city now and we are doing the long distance relationship thing and don't get to see each other as often. At first this made our sex life more exciting because we didn't get to everyday. It's been...

My partner and I don't have sex anymore. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My partner and I don't have sex as often as we used to. We have an 11 month old son and I know that he draws every last drop of attention! But when it comes to the love making I'm there 100% but my partner is, well, to put it simply she says that the thought of sex disgusts her. How do I help...

View more questions Search