Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leslie4245 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Oak Crest Roll-Top Desk Compartments
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I thought this seemed like the place to see if anyone had an answer since I've gotten quite a bit of information on this type of desk just by reading old posts!

My friend just got an Oak Crest Roll-Top Desk from family storage and has been trying to figure out how to get everything set up. From what we can determine, it is from the 1980s (I believe she found a receipt from when her father purchased it in 1989) and is in excellent condition!

We've managed to resolve the "common" issues with it (the drawers locking up, the roll-top locking shut in the moving process, etc.), but we've been trying to figure out the more "fun" part of it and identify the locations of the secret compartments in the desk. I am the least handy person I know and don't know too much about where to start, other than looking for the false bottoms in drawers! Since it is a deeply personal family item, I am trying to help her find everything she can in the history of the desk. Does anyone know of their locations? We think we found something saying the model is number 406, if that is helpful whatsoever.

Thanks so much!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2013, 07:42 PM
    Maybe

6467 Milford Harrington Hwy Harrington, DE 19952
    (302) 398-3949

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quartersawn oak roll top accountant's desk [ 0 Answers ]

I would like info about the dealer in Florida who specializes in late 19th and early 20th century office furniture. I have a unique quartersawn oak roll top accountant's desk and what to know when it was made, by whom, and it's worth. Please help... mannteck

How do I unlock a roll top desk - top part? [ 3 Answers ]

Ow do I unlock a roll top desk - top part?

Roll top desk [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to purchase just the top portion of a roll top desk. Does anyone know if this is possible? Love my current desk which is medium to dark oak but need the top part to fit with new organizing and decorating scheme. Thanks. saywhatkat:)

Roll Top Desk [ 13 Answers ]

My Wife locked the keys to our roll top desk inside the desk. How can I get it open?

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

View more questions Search