Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HitchnRun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2013, 03:11 AM
    Will hot water crack a urinal
    If I pour boiling water into a +/- 70 degree urinal do I risk cracking it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2013, 04:52 AM
    You do run that risk... and it's a strong one.. I'd venture a guess that you are more likely to break it than not.

Is there a reason you want to do this?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
    Boiling water should NEVER be introduced to any part of a plumbing drainage system... can warp and soften plumbing materials and that can lead to leaks in obvious places and in hidden places!

China fixtures, like toilets and urinals are especially vulnerable to boiling water and can/will crack if introduced too quickly.

Why are you asking?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

No hot water pressure/hot water after turning main water off/on and draining water [ 5 Answers ]

I turned the main water off to our home to remove our water softener and ran the water in the kitchen and both bathrooms until no water came out. Now there is no hot water pressure or hot water at all sinks after turning the main water back on, but there is normal cold water and cold water...

Brown water? Had a cold water pipe crack under sink on 3rd floor bathroom. [ 0 Answers ]

This water ran for days & was undetected until it was coming out the side of the building. Water ran through carpet, carpet pad, subfloor, insulation, carrying cat & dog urine residue & fecal material with it then through another floor,with carpet, pad, etc. To the bottom floor. With at least 12...

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

View more questions Search