Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notescafe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
    My dog is developing brown scabs and yellowish green pus blisters on his underbelly.
    My dog is developing brown scabs & yellowish green pus blisters on his under belly nearest to his pelvis. What do you think is causing this and how can I suppress and or prevent? I've assumed it's possible from urine burn & have allowed him a room to himself in where if he messes he won't be in it as he was in a kennel. It's a rescue puppy... he had a few cuts and scrapes when I got him. Is it possible to remedy this without going to the vet. He was rescued from a highway, so he would have been dead if not saved.

Now I feel hopeless as I have had him a week and he seems happy & healthy with a strong appetite aside from his skin ailment.

I can't really afford taking him to the vet right now, which is why I'm exahausting all online resources to develop a potential idea before deciding.

I can gladly share a photograph of his stomach if it would help anyone with a visual. It's literally on his open skin area on his underbelly near his pelvis. The rest of his underbelly is fine as it is covered in hair. No visible sores.

Is it possible he had scrapes and wounds to start with and I made them worse w/ infection by putting him in a kennel? I know better now... I had always been told to kennel train... but in his case... where he is a puppy, he doesn't know better. He's going on himself regardless. Therefore I've placed him in the laundry room now so he cannot be near his own pee or poop. I've been leaving him in his Kennel this past week while at work. When I come home I've been cleaning out his kennel and giving him a bath. That is when I noticed the sores.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and or guidance.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 03:12 AM
    I am afraid it is an infection and the only cure is antibiotics from the vet. It is very difficult to keep a puppy alive these days without proper vet care. He needs his shots to prevent parvo, and if you have mosquitoes in your area, he must go on heartworm remedy.

I am very happy you took him in. We have so many dogs than need homes.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
    notescafe, how wonderful to hear of someone who has it in their heart to save a stray and give him a good and loving home! Thank you for your kindness. I know money is tight for you, but labman is right. Please listen to him. Part of being a pet owner is recognizing that we, ourselves, have to go without purchasing some things if necessary, to make sure our pet is healthy. He does need medication for this problem and an overall physical. He does need heartworm medication and tick/flea preventatives on a regular basis, as well as yearly shots. It would be wise to find out how much the regular items cost and work them into your household budget.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Brown spots with blisters on hands, spreading? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had brown spots on my hands for three weeks now and it doesn't spread to anywhere else on my body but just from one hand to other. It started as a blister that would never pop and purplish skin to brown peeling skin. But the skin that has been peeling is red and weird looking, please help,...

Education for a student from a developing country [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any free of charge educational institutions in EU for developing countries like Armenia. I have taken my Bachelor's Degree , I am now interested in taking my Master's in Europe for Hotel and Tourism Management. If you have any info on this topiv, please, let me know. I will be very...

My dog has green Mucas around his Eyes. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog has always been a faithful eater, and now it seems that his appetite has slowed down. Just recently, he has been having green mucas around his eyes, and I don't know what to do. What is this green mucas, and why is it there?

Cherry cabinets developing blemishes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - About 18 months ago I installed new semi-custom cabinets in my kitchen. Just yesterday I noticed that the rings of the cherry are starting to turn very black. Even worse, blackish blemishes have formed on a couple of the cabinets, approximately 2" by 1/2" long. To the touch, it's...

Aging yellowish colour on white/ivory plastic [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore the original colour of white/ivory-coloured computer stuff from the aging yellowish tint?

View more questions Search