Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onefromabuv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 05:40 PM
    98 town&country AC flashing lights
    I have a 98 town and country LXI. I'm having a problem with flashing lights and the AC not working. I have ran the test by holding down the 2 buttons and I have determined that the AC test has failed.
    My AC is not blowing cold air and I can not hear the compressor kicking in. I have attempted to recharge it but it will NOT suck in the fluid. I have removed the relay and I can hear a slight click noise coming from the compressor. I replaced the radiator and fan last winter and ever since the lights have been flashing. I also replaced the cooling fan relay.
    The 2 light that are flashing are the AC light and the recirculation light.

The weather is hot as hell and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
    Check for EATC codes. Afterwards, be sure you properly clear all codes from memory--very important. It wouldn't surprise me if your EATC has thrown a 024 or 025 code, indicating a problem with the Blend Door Actuator. Focus on this, if the compressor runs and cools down the receiver/dryer under the hood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Town & Country blower not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, hoping someone can tell me my issue by knowing the situation. I assume it's a resistor or motor problem but not sure. Two nights ago I drove the vehicle and everything worked fine. Yesterday morning I started it to let it warm up (zero degree out) only to discover the front blower was not...

Town & Country Rear Crankshaft Seal [ 0 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Would anybody have a guesstimate as to how much it would cost to have the rear cranshaft seal and oil pan seal replaced on a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country minivan? Engine is the 3.8L and the van ias all wheel drive. Thanks!

2005 Town & Country Oil Leak [ 1 Answers ]

My 2005 Town and Country with only 44K miles is leaking oil. It looked like the leak might have been the oil pan gasket. So I put a new gasket on and cleaned everything. After replacing the gasket it is still leaking, but this time the oil is only leaking between the engine and transmission...

1998 town & country [ 3 Answers ]

Hello , I starting to see some oil leakage directly underneath the crankshaft on my T&C making it look like an oil pan gasket leak So can anyone tell me if this is the front seal that I might need and if its fairly easy to replace myself I'm somewhat mechanical any help whould whould be great...

View more questions Search