Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celesterg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Area Increase Percentage
    An area is 13,554 square feet. This area increases to 18,341 sq ft. What is percentage of the increase in square footage?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 02:07 PM
    To calculate percentage change subtract the original value from the new value, then divide the result by the original value and convert to a percentage:

For example: if the original value is 1200 and the new value is 1500 the percent change is (1500-1200)/1200 = 1/4 = 25%.

Now apply this technique to your problem - what do you get?
    celesterg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 07:15 PM
    Thank you. My answer is 35%!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What percentage revenue is expected to increase if you produce 5000 units? [ 0 Answers ]

A company want to start producing bird house. The bird house has to be produced at a minimum of 4,300 units the first year Bird House Components: Wood and plastic Direct Materials:  Wood: 0.80 ft. per unit of product; cost is $6.00 per foot  Plastic: 0.50 lb. per unit of product; cost...

Rent increase percentage cap for New jersey year to year [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am signing a lease for another year with my landlord but he wants to increase the rent 15% for the new year. Is there a cap on the increase for raising rent. This is for a house, not an apartment. Thanks!

Rent increase percentage [ 2 Answers ]

What percentage am I allowed to increase on one year rent lease under th Pennsylvania Real Estate law.

JN Rent increase percentage [ 1 Answers ]

What is the lawful percentage a landlord can increase the apartment rent when a lease is being renewed for a year?

View more questions Search