Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    limonlena Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Can a father get custody if he violated his probation
    I'm trying to get visiting rights, but, I violated my probation and stop reporting. Can I get shared custody?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Custody? I doubt it - you sound irresponsible.

Is there a reason you haven't reported?

Jul 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
    I want custody of my 2 children. I violated my probation, and have not reported. I also have moved to another county.

Jul 18, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Custody? I doubt it - you sound irresponsible.

Is there a reason you haven't reported?
    I'm dirty for drugs
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
    You violated.. you will possibly end up back in jail... there will be an arrest order issued and the court is going to see it... Custody will be unlikely until after that has been taken care of.

With a failed drug test on top of it... highly unlikely. Unless the mother is even worse in which case CPS is likely to become involved.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 01:51 PM
    You might possibly at best get supervised visits.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 04:57 PM
    No, parents who are in jail cannot exercise unsupervised visitation; and supervised only on visiting day.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2013, 07:19 AM
    "No, parents who are in jail cannot exercise unsupervised visitation; and supervised only on visiting day"

One of the 10 best answers - ever!
    That certainly sums it all up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is on felony probation and probation officer violated [ 3 Answers ]

He violated him because he couldn't track him we recently moved but during the arrest it was 3 sheriffs that searched him in my front yard and watch them as they searched him and didn't find any drugs on him but once they got to the jail and searched him again they all of a sudden found cocaine on...

Temporary Custody to Dad1yr ago cause Mom fled abuse which violated custody order. [ 0 Answers ]

A NC Custody Consent order that I signed under DURESS FOUND Me in contempt after fleeing to PA with our child. I REPORTED Domestic Violence before fleeing NC. I also had a valid order of protection against Father. NC would not acknowledge it once I moved back into my home with my abuser/childs...

Son is on lifetime probation, violated the probation by not registering. [ 2 Answers ]

They arrested him, and he's in jail now. What can happen to him?

Violated probation but didn't get caught until got off Probation [ 1 Answers ]

I got off probation 3 months ago and my PO is now trying to get my in trouble for moving a month before I got off. Is there anything she can do? Should I get a lawyer?

I am on probation in 2 counties and violated my probation today by shoplifting. [ 2 Answers ]

I got caught shoplifting at the grocery store. I know it is a misdemeanor. What do you think will happen when I go to court? I have 2 felony convictions with stays of impositions, and a prior misdemeanor. I have been law abiding for over 2 years now, until today.:confused:

View more questions Search