Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kelly1209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 12:34 PM
    Clogged double sink with disposal
    I put some food down my disposal today and not long after the sink became clogged and it fills up on both sides. I have taken it all apart and the traps don't have anything in them and I do not have a snake to go far into the wall to unclog it I used a wire hanger but I'm guessing it wasn't long enough. Any tips on what else I can do without having to buy a snake?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 01:18 PM
    A snake doesn't cost that much. But, I would try liquid drano first.

Funny that I saw this thread, since I'm dealing with the same issue right now. Hubby is picking up the drano on the way home. If that doesn't work, a plunger may help to unclog the sink as well, but be careful with the plunger, it can make a huge mess.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 03:23 PM
    We don't like chemicals in drains. They don't work and they hurt us. Buy a small manual snake and snake the drain or call a plumber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving disposal from double to single sink [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced a double sink with a single sink. We want to reuse our fairly new garbage disposal in the new sink. If the disposal is set up for the double sink can I use it in the single sink? THanks for your help!

Double sink double dishwasher garbage disposal problem [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me. I had this configuration installed 2 years ago and since I've had to snake the main line (in my back yard) at least every 6 months. I'm tired of renting a snake, shouldn't my garbage disposal be on the left side? My drain is on the right side and I...

Can you help with a clogged disposal/double sink... snake didn't work. [ 2 Answers ]

We have a clog somewhere between disposal and sink. We tried a 3/8 snake and it did not fix the problem. What should we try next? We've been working on this clog for over an hour with a 3/8 snake 25 feet long. It comes out pretty clean but the sink and disposal are "sharing" water back and...

Double Sink/Disposal not draining well [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my old garbage food disposal got broken and I bought a new one(slightly larger than old one so I had to re-design the pipe thing a bit and put it in. However there are some problems for the draining- I attached the pic, http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss82/fsr2nina/DSC_0004.jpg,it is similar...

I clogged up a double sink with disposal and dishwasher [ 34 Answers ]

When I run the disposal, water spurts into the other sink. I think I put too much food down the disposal. I was making soup, and threw the greens from the leeks down the disposal. http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YJrb8S_jSnk/ShsO8sCJ--I/AAAAAAAAAXM/bSvU9gGxQ8c/s800/IMG_0235.JPG I have already tried:...

View more questions Search