Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dayzee109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 09:10 AM
    US/Swiss Dual Citizenship
    I am travelling to Brazil in a few weeks. I am wondering if I can enter and exit the US on a US passport but use the Swiss passport to enter and exit Brazil. I ask because Brazil does not require the application for a tourist visa from Swiss citizens, but it does require a visa for US citizens.
    Also, will this be a problem upon re-entering the US that I do not have a "trip stamp" in my passport.
    Thanks!
    Franceroxmyworld Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2005, 10:32 PM
    I think you should use your Swiss passport, Not only is it better to travel with a Swiss document, but I think you would get treated better by Brazilian authorities. :)
    dayzee109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2005, 01:33 PM
    Back from Brazil
    Left the US and visited Brazil on my Swiss passport without a hitch. On return I used the US passport to get back in, no questions asked. I didn't have to stand in the (long) US Citizens line getting into Brazil or submit to getting my picture taken.
    It was a good deal all around and I would suggest this method of travel if you have the appropriate documents.
    PeachesJCB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2005, 09:54 PM
    How do you get the "proper documents?"
    This is my situation, since it sounds like you already went through something similar, I was wondering if you might be able to offer any advice on the subject. I've never dealt with any issues like this so, ANY and ALL help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. My situation is as follows:

Urgent Need For Help for Passport for people with Dual US/Swiss Citizenship!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am traveling to Mexico in about a month (February 15th, 2006) and I have dual citizenship (Swiss and US). I've never traveled outside of the country except for my Swiss birth 20 years ago and a weekend trip to Canada with my family a few years ago. How do I go about getting a passport and would I use a Swiss passport or US passport? I am totally lost on the subject! I looked on Travel.state.org but I don't have over $170 to shell out, HOWEVER I want to make sure that I get this taken care of as soon as possible. I need help fast! Any suggestions?
    AswissAmerican7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 09:05 AM
    I have a similar question I recently thought I lost my us pass port however I found it however it was only an hour after it was canceled. Now I only have a swisspass port... and I have a week maybe 2 weeks vacation go to columbia with family which I did not plan for... would I just have to wait longer? Or is this impossible...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My father and grandparents were born in Paris, France. I was born in the United States, where I now live. I am interested in dual citizenship with France and the U.S. for studying purposes. I live in Philadelphia, but I believe the French Embassy is in New York. Does anyone have any...

Swiss Citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering how hard it is to obtain a Swiss citizenship, if you are not born there and don't have family members there. How long does it take? Is it ture you have to live there for 12 years before you can even apply? Is there a more quick way, like joining the military or something?...

Urgent Need For Help for Passport for people with Dual US/Swiss Citizenship! [ 2 Answers ]

I am traveling to Mexico in about a month (February 15th, 2006) and I have dual citizenship (Swiss and US). I've never traveled outside of the country except for my Swiss birth 20 years ago. How do I go about getting a passport and would I use a Swiss passport or US passport? I am totally lost on...

Dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I am a French national and a permanent resident in the US. My husband is American. Apparently, there are tax advantages to my becoming an American citizen. What are the consequences, if any, from the French government's point of view of obtaining US citizenship? Has anyone gone through this...

View more questions Search