Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izzyjahtara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 03:20 AM
    Ask questions for criminal law
    My brother has just been done for dui 3 times over limit on his learners with no supervised driver beside him today he was issued with avo order for assault which he didn't commit his been to court for other issues just wanting to know what outcomes may happen he has also been put on good behaviour not sure if he is still on that
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 04:09 AM
    It won't matter if he was 'put on good behavior' or not, but if he was charged with assault 'that he didn't commit' I don't really see the good behavior you are talking about.

The judge won't like the 3 DUIs (if he was in Ontariio, he would never drive again). Is he an alcoholic?

If he can't control his drinking and ignoring the rules of a learners permit, then there is no hope for him in the court room. How could he ever handle a full license, and if he drinks to excess, then I hope he never gets it. Too many accidents and deaths caused by intoxicated drivers. He is lucky he didn't kill himself or someone else.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 18, 2013, 05:45 AM
    I think this is alcohol 3X over limit?
    We can't possibly know what's going to happen. There's a limit to getting off on good behavior. I assume he's a teen, if he's just getting his learner's permit. He sounds like he's on the road to disaster. Kids can keep going down and down like this or they can turn around NOW and realize that being a kid only works for so long, even before 18.

You shouldn't be asking what's going to happen to him, since no one can possibly know, but what you can do as his sibling to help him.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 18, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Driving on a learner's permit with a blood alcohol of three times over the limit is just plain old irresponsible. He will probably be banned from receiving a driver's license for at least 5 years. The assault. There must be some reason why he was charged with this. I do not understand the "good behavior" thing either. Is he or has he been incarcerated?Good Behavior is usually something that an inmate gets WHILE serving time for an early release or for contemplation OF early release.
    There has to be something missing from this.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 10:48 AM
    My daughter's were given suspended license for 'trespassing', they could not get their learners permit for something like 2 years from the time they turned 16. Him being 3x dui AND nobody with a driver's license in the car AND he's had other incidences, he will be lucky if he gets off rather easily.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    My daughter's were given suspended license for 'trespassing', they could not get their learners permit for something like 2 years from the time they turned 16. Him being 3x dui AND nobody with a driver's license in the car AND he's had other incidences, he will be lucky if he gets off rather easily.
    I hope he won't get off easily!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal law [ 2 Answers ]

If you was already on conditional discharge for fighting and then 6 months later you got arrested for a domestic argument no violence, violence would you automatically be sent to prison .

Criminal law [ 0 Answers ]

I just was informed I violated probation from a court case 2 months ago which I pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct my original charge was attempt to posses a weapon in which I received 6mon 5yrs probation I'm in my 4th year of my probation what's the worst that can happen I've done everything...

Criminal law [ 3 Answers ]

I am the victim of a forged document used against me in court.   Within a week of her being arrested I received a letter in the mail from the assistant district attorneys office requesting I call & give any information I have on this case. I have since called several times & left several messages...

Criminal law [ 2 Answers ]

My brother is on house arrest and got locked up for probation violation and that is his only charge will he just have to do a certain amount of days or pay a fine or something

Criminal Law Essay Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone help me with my criminal law questions? Any help will be appreciated! I don't necessarily require full answers, but a few tips could help as well as any possible references to related/relevant cases. The questions are as follows: Question 1 Vanessa, who is of...

View more questions Search