Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dursilla Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 02:48 AM
    Weight loss
    Hi OK... so currently I weigh about 142lbs and I'm 5"2 and 15 years old I consume around 400-600 calories daily I eat breakfast and dinner and very rarely a snack and I also drink roughly 2 cups of coffee and 5, 500ml of water but for some odd reason I occasionally gain weight I'm quite an active person I hardly sit down I'm always standing and reading a book I usually sway whilst doing so I pace as well I do go for walks and I have currently for the past three days been shoveling up stones and racking them. Please help me I need to lose 13lbs before October the 22nd if that isn't possible I would hope for at least 8lbs as it is my dream to reach my goal by my birthday I hope I gave enough information and sorry if it is jumbled up
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 05:33 AM
    I question the accuracy of your calorie calculations... because that is fewer calories than people in concentrations camps got in WW2. And we know how that turned out.

Jul 18, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Yeah I know... but if I increase it ill gain weight and to be completely honest I'm freaking out just thinking about that. I don't know why I'm freaking out but I know I can't increase it just yet I have to at least wait till I'm 127lbs till I can but how many calories should I be consuming at absolute minimum because I know it is more than I am now but how much more and do you know how much weight ill gain when I do increase it... thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 04:20 PM
    What I mean is you are eating far more calories than you think you are... no possible way are you eating only 400-600 calories a day. You can't gain weight on that. In fact your body will start consuming itself at that level and you would eventually die from malnutrition.

It really does matter because if you do drop too too few you slow your metabolism down and then you can be sure you will have a rebound weight gain.

You HAVE to eat fewer calories than you burn... but you can't have too few or your body thinks its starving and your metabolism goes into slow gear to try to keep you alive in a famine. It's a genetic resonse built into the human body.. and why people who try to crash diet always end up fatter than they started. Not long after they stop.

Jul 18, 2013, 04:28 PM
    OK thank you...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 04:30 PM
    For two weeks, do not eat any foods made with wheat flour -- bread, rolls, crackers, cookies, cake, pie, etc. Of course, avoid sugars and corn syrup/glucose sweeteners. Otherwise, eat lots of fresh and steamed vegetables, lean means, and fruits (especially berries). Graze your way through the day and eat small meals. Have baggies of cut-up veggies in the 'frig for snacking. And always drink an 8 oz. glass of water before you eat.

Keep a food diary -- everything that you eat and the amount, date and time, write it down.

Chew sugarless gum if you need to put something in your mouth.

Jul 18, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Thank you ill look in to that and see where it gets me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search