Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dean Rogers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 07:40 AM
    Rotary Switch Wiring
    I need wiring instuctions for a tower mfg corp. 6A. 120V 3-way rotary switch for a exhaust fan
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2013, 12:51 PM
    How was it wired before? Typically you will have a hot lead, black or red and then colored wires. Use an ohmmeter to find common, connect that to the hot lead and then experiment with the other wire connections. Each brand is different as to colors and speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rotary switch wiring diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an old rotary switch, unfortunately without a wiring diagram. It has four settings (off, low, med, hi), and four wiring poles. Contacts rotate at two levels and connect the poles as shown in the attached JPG. My question is how to wire this thing (I assume there are three incoming...

How to replace a rotary switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a floor lamp with 3 bulbs all the same watts. I have a 2 wire rotary canapy switch. I need to know where to put the 2 wires from the switch please. All hot wires are tired together and same for neutral wires.

Wiring diagram for 8 pole rotary switch [ 0 Answers ]

Want to wire A carwash

Wiring a 3 speed fan switch (mechanical rotary type) [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay pedestal fan has a 3 speed rotary switch that broke apart. I was able to reconstruct it but I'm not sure of the wiring. It's terminals are labeled with L, 1, 2, 3 and I have black, white, brown and red wires coming from the fan motor. I'm pretty sure "L" is the black wire but...

View more questions Search