Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DavidVelicky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 06:07 AM
    How do I get water out of my ear.
    It has already been flushed of wax by a doctor but I am still experiencing discomfort and hearing loss.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2013, 06:18 AM
    You have 2 questions here - water in an ear should flow out when you lie down on that ear. If it doesn't, or if it feels like it didn't, something else is going on - swelling, damage when cleaning, old wax still stuck to a sensitive membrane, or even congestion on the other side of the ear, the eustachian tube, which drains into the throat. That's why you might feel like you have water still in there.

You may just have temporary pain from a serious amount of very dry wax being removed, and swelling with congestion (mucous). But go back to the doctor, who can look. You could have an infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in ear feeling [ 2 Answers ]

This morning I felt like I had water in my ear. When I tried to clean it, there was blood on the q-tip. What does this mean?

Middle ear water -- NOT inner. [ 0 Answers ]

Just had a about with vertigo, & there was water in middle ear. I have frequently felt the liquid "running" when moving my head or lying on my side. I suspect allergy. Would like to learn of a homeopathic remedy.

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

Water in the middle ear [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get water out of the middle ear? Or at least this is where I feel it is. I have tried hair dryer, lying on that side to let it drip out, nothing working.:confused:

Water in the middle ear [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I was swimming in the sea and abruptly I felt water flowing into my left ear. It caused pain that later increased. I tried to get the water come out of the ear (jumping on one foot etc), but nothing helped. Since then I keep feeling this water in my left ear. Yesterday I went to an ear...

View more questions Search