Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinmj Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Kohler Toilet Hissing
    I have a Kohler toilet, installed in 2000. Recently it has been making a flushing ( hissing) sound from the tank. The plumber has been here 4 times. He replaced the flapper, vacuumed the tank, did the dye test, changed the float, and finally replaced every component in the tank. It is still making the noise. Any suggestions?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 09:13 PM
    vacuumed the tank,
    Could you tell what that means.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hissing sound from the toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

I have this hissing sound coming from the toilet that is persistent. The sound continues even after the tank is filled. It appears that there is no water leak but the sound is now getting louder. This issue started approx a couple of weeks ago. I am at my wits end and needed help. Please...

Toilet hissing after flushing [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet and the tank fills back up it makes a slight hissing sound. This stops when I tap the ball float. What is the problem? Is it a problem with the ball or is the water pressure to high or low? I am not sure..

Toilet constantly hissing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday I had my main water line replaced (apparently it was leaking for about a week until a geyser appeared in my front yard). Today I found my sub-basement toilet was "hissing". I took off the top and the water level was up to the overflow, so I adjusted it to go back to normal. ...

Toilet making hissing sound! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My toilet keeps making a hissing sound. I tested the flapper with red wine and within 5 minutes I had red wine leaking in the bowl,so I replaced the flapper. But my toilet still makes the hissing sound, I have tried playing with the water level in the tank and it does not help. When I lift...

Hissing toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Well, I am sure there is an easy fix for this but before I went and started replacing parts, I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. I hear a hissing noise coming from my toilet. I am about 99% sure it is coming from my tank area. My thought is it is coming from the float area. Maybe, the seal...

View more questions Search