Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suziq11 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 02:12 PM
    How to find the water supply shut off for the bathtub in my mobilehome
    I have a problem with one of my bathtubs faucets. It seems stripped, since it won't turn on at all. I need to know the, probably hidden) location of the plumbing to those faucets.This is a mobilehome, and the faucet/ spout location come up from the top corner of the tub, not from a wall (whith the faucets coming out if it). My son already did what can be done to the faucet handles, but he believes the problem is in the plumbing directly under them. Looking at the tub, he suggests that we would have to cut into the tub. I believe that there must be an access to that plumbing... there is a small cabinet with a tile top, that serves no purpose to me, that is a built-in, possibly to make the tub's width connect to the much narrower wall where the shower is located. I wonder if that access could be hidden in there? I fear possibly damaging this cabinet area, if I'm not sure. Can you helpme? Susan
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Hi Suziq11

If you cannot find the individual shutoffs for your tub faucet then I'm pretty sure we can't really help from here!

What I can suggest is that if you want to work on the faucet simply shut the main water supply to the whole trailer... will shut off both hot and cold water at the same time. When the water is shut off you can work/fix the faucet from there.

Hope that helped!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak in bathtub water supply [ 2 Answers ]

I need to repair leaking water supply to bathtub. This tub has supply coming through the body of the tub, so there is no wall access. Do I have to open the ceiling below tub to replace water supply? There is no access door on tub.

Water tank float valve won't shut off water supply [ 21 Answers ]

It's me with another plumbing question. It's at a house that I am part owner of but which is 5 hours from my house. I am not there, but I know the approximate setup. So there's this 800 gallon wooden water tank that stores water for a small house. The water is pumped from a cistern (supplied by...

Where to find water shut off valves for bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

I have broken open the walls behind both the front and back of the built-in tub there are n o shut off valves where the water enters the faucets. Right now I have just about demolished the bathroom with the crowbar and the hammer - I need more patience - but ? Is it possible that they don't exist...

Gunky-Nasty Backup in Mobilehome Bathtub [ 3 Answers ]

Before we moved into this rental, the *handyman* employed by the landlord must have poured $200.00 worth of drain openers down the clogged drains in this house (as evidenced by the number of bottles he left here). It is an older 2 bedroom, 1 bath mobilehome hooked to both city water and sewer,...

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank?

View more questions Search