Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Okay, I'm NOT going to pull any punches with this one. My wife had a baby when I turned 21. We're still together and things have worked out all right, but I was too young to be a parent. I'm only now finishing college (at nearly 30) and I've had to let go of doing a lot of things I've wanted to do. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't advise doing it at 21, let alone 14. You are not thinking clearly. Go see a shrink, because a girl who wants a real future and, if you're telling the truth and you really ARE getting good grades, who is capable of going far in the world doesn't date criminals and intentionally get impregnated by one at age 14. That's plain STUPID! My friend got pregnant at 14, and even though she made it to college, she was never able to get her degree in chemistry that she wanted because going to school and being a parent is insanely difficult. Take it from me. You do not want to be pregnant now. You only think you do. I beg you, don't do this. Be the smart girl you are capable of being, not the stupid has been you are on your way to becoming. Dump your boyfriend and start thinking forward. This is NOT the right path to take.
    shirelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Hi my name is shirelle, but anyway I think you should do what you want, it's your baby and your mother can't put it up for adoption, because one she's not the mother , and two if you didn't hurt your baby, or abuse it, she really can't do nothing but even though you do feel that your family treat you like crap, you shouldn't let them bring you down, and your only 14 years old, how are you going to feed a baby, and get dippers.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 25, 2007, 05:26 AM
    A baby is a lot of work and responsibility and it can be expensive. Who would be financially supporting you and helping you? Heck, I am in my 30's, married, with a home etc. and sometimes I don't even get to shower for days because of taking care of my baby. He is first priority for all of our time and energy.

Also, having a baby to make you feel like "somebody" isn't a good reason. You need to seek some help and therapy, sweetie.
    pmatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Hey,

There have been lots of excellent answers here, and I think you should take all of them into account.

I know that whatever people say it probably won't make any difference.

There was a great suggestion of trying to look look after some babies, you should definitely try it, that way you will see what it is like.

If your boyfriend is going to jail, don't worry, why would you lose him? And having a baby does not for 1 second guarantee he will stay with you, I know people who have broken up and have kids.

I also know people who had kids young and they say they wish they'd waited.

If you really want someone to love or whatever, because your parents ignore you, find something else first, a friend or whatever.
    pinkpunk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Your parents can't MAKE u give the baby away it is your choice but it will effect your life what about school and who is going to pay for all the stuff if your parents don't and you don't have a job think twice about what you do kids aren't easy.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

May 27, 2007, 06:56 AM
    I totally agree with everyone here, I mean, I'm 21 and even I don't feel IM ready to have a child yet, so you being 14, how could you possibly be ready?
    brooklyngurl345 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
    DO NOT GET PREGNANT!! Talk to your parents on how you are feeling!! They will understand but don't get pregnant you will probably even get more friends if you had a better rep.
    tiarae44 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
    You're saying basically that everyone says you're a screw up, if you get pregnant at 14 you really will be, for more than one reason, I don't think being a mother at 14 is your family's idea of success and if you think they ignore you now, they defiantly will once you have a baby, this whole thing is mainly for attention, I got pregnant when I was 14, it's not fun, I lost it due to complications because I was so young, my body wasn't ready to have a baby, so not only did I lose my child that I'd carried for 7 months, I lost my family, the ones who actually paid attention to me stopped, because I disappointed them, AND I lost the few friends I did have, and the chances your boyfriend would stay with you if you got pregnant are slim to none at this age, especially if you got him thrown in jail (longer) for statutory rape, and unless he's younger than 18 he will be. No guy or spell of lonliness is worth throwing your life away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

Will I ever give birth to a baby girl [ 4 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and have two beautiful little boys. My date of birth is 22/12/1980 and my partners is 17/05/1974. We are planning on trying for a third child and obviously I am hoping that we will be blessed with a daughter. Can you give me any indication as to whether we will have a baby girl...

Mother seeking child given up for adoption, 1962 boy May 15 [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for my son I was forced to give up for adoption when I was 16. Seattle, Wa. Ballard-Florence Chrittenton Home for unwed Mothers. Oregon has had open files over a year, but is the only state that I know of.

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

Not ready to be a Dad but girlfriend will not give up for adoption! [ 85 Answers ]

Help! My girlfriend of three years and I noticed changes in her body, so I urged her to get a pregnancy test. She waited until recently to discover that she was 13 weeks pregnant. Prior to all of this news, she was on the pill. I have openly expressed my non-interest in being a father now. I...

View more questions Search