Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanshaikh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 07:52 AM
    Linear equation maths holiday assignment please help asap!!
    The digits of a two digit number differ by 5. If the digits are reversed, the sum of the two digit number is 99. Find the numbers.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 17, 2013, 05:52 AM
    Here is a suggestion to get you started: suppose the two-digit number is AB, where A is the tens digit and B is the ones digit. Then the value of this number is 10A + B. For example if the number is 45 then A=4 and B=5, and the value is 10 x 4 + 5. If you reverse the digits the number becomes BA, and it's value is 10B + A. Using the same example, if BA = 54 then the value is 10 x 5 + 4. So here you have a problem where the difference between A and B is 2 (or perhaps -2), and the sum of AB and BA is 99. This gives you two equations to work - can you take it from here and finish up the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maths Equation [ 1 Answers ]

Quentin drove for 2 hours at one speed and 3 hours at another speed, he covered a distance of 252km. If he had travelled 4 hours at the first speed and 1 hour at the second speed, he would have covered 244km. Find the speeds at which Quentin drove?

Linear equation [ 1 Answers ]

Hasan buys two kinds of cloth materials for school uniforms,shirt material that costs him Rs.50 per metre and trouser material that costs him Rs.90 per metre. For every 2 metres of the trouser he buys 3 metres of the shirt material.He sells the materials at 12% and 10% profit respectively.His total...

Linear Equation [ 1 Answers ]

Graph the solution set for the linear equation: x - 3 = y

Holiday Assignment [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I want to ask one question related to my holiday assignment. The question of holiday assignment is: Imagine that you are the Captain of Indian Hockey Team, what are the first five things that you would like to do to change the scenario of the games. I had written only one sentence,...

Tell me everything you no about Forensics ASAP (for an assignment) Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Im in year 11 and I need to no everything little or small about forensic science for my english assignment such as, What is it, How did it start, Education, How much they get paid, Hours they work, What they wear, Equipment they use, How many years of education,

View more questions Search