Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james moore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 12:06 AM
    Washer drain
    Can I hook the drain pipe for the washer into the drain pipe for the bathroom sink(2" pipe)?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2013, 07:06 AM
    Can I hook the drain pipe for the washer into the drain pipe for the bathroom sink(2" pipe)?
    If you are on a septic tank the answer is no. If you are on city sewer the answer is yes you can, however, I can see problems on down the line. If you do. Where the plan. I connecting the drain? Before or after the lavatory Trap? Please explain how you intend to hook all this up? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to add washer drain in my kitchen for a stackable washer & dryer [ 0 Answers ]

Yellow lines repersent drain pipe,circles represents air vents leading to the roof and green lines represent my suggested drains. One of my options is to add a T-shape coupling where the 90 is form at the bath sink and extend the plumbing an extra 2 feet and form a 90 to lead into the kitchen...

Remove utility sink and drain new washer and conditioning system in existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

My water conditioning system currently backwashes into a utility sink. I wish to remove the utility sink and hook up both a new washing machine and the water conditioning system to the existing drain (not enough room to keep the utility sink). How can I do this?

Water backing up from the drain on the washer machine,drain slow then overflows. [ 1 Answers ]

When water drain from the washer machine it backups and over flows on the floor. I have run a garden hose through the clean out and the water flows through the main pipe OK. Have gone up on the roof and try to run garden hose down through but hose only goes down about 4 feet. Should I try running...

New washer, drain backed up (fixed) but now washer keeps running [ 3 Answers ]

Our new washer was backing up in our older (1920) house's drain, I checked online and found this site and figured out how to create a water tight seal that works great, but now I guess it's not draining fast enough and I just realized the machine has been cycling for 2 hours. So not good. This is a...

Drain pipe for washer backing up once washer starts to empty what could be causing [ 4 Answers ]

What couild be causing the drain pipe fro washer to back up and spill all over floor behind washer

View more questions Search