Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcpherson44 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 08:49 PM
    Does arrest show up on your background check
    I haven't been convicted.my job done a background check.will it show up. I haven't been to court yet
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 16, 2013, 01:45 AM
    No, not unless you are applying for a high security clearance government job.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2013, 03:10 AM
    Depends on how deep the company searches. However, if these are pending charges, you should explain to the company. Because they will, in all likelihood, find out when you have to go to court and they will not be happy about your not saying anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 06:56 AM
    If it is still a open case, and you have to go to court, best that they know about it, they will find out anyway, when you take off for court.

But it all depends on how deep they search

Jul 16, 2013, 05:22 PM
    Does arrest show up on your background check
    I'm getting very worry that I might loose my job.I haven't been convicted yet.but I had to renew my badge I know I have to be convicted for it to show up on my background.my lawyer say I'm OK because I'm not convicted of nothing yet. Im worry about the arrest showing up.I have a good lawyer he said He will keep it off my record.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Depending on what job you have.and exactly what kind of background check is done.. if you are actually convicted.. its going to be there and visible.

In effect.. if you work for Walmart it might not... but if you work for the NSA they are going to know it.

Jul 16, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Please don't start a new thread over the same issue. I've merged your threads for you.

Without knowing what you were arrested for and what type of job you have its impossible for us to answer.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 16, 2013, 05:59 PM
    Renew your badge? Why these little bits of information and why so cryptic? We don't know you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Once again - if you are paying for legal advice, paying someone who knows the facts and circumstances, why are you giving minimal info and asking the same question on AMHD?

Jul 18, 2013, 04:04 PM
    How long does it take a conviction to show up on your back ground after you went to court
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpherson44 View Post
    How long does it take a conviction to show up on your back ground after you went to court
    It doesn't matter... lie about it on a job application they can and will fire you for it when its discovered... even if its years later.

Jul 18, 2013, 04:32 PM
    I didn't lie about it I'm just asking because my job did my background check 2 weeks ago.my court date not until 2months

Jul 18, 2013, 04:35 PM
    What you aren't getting is that it doesn't matter. If they find out about the court case, then you are gone. And the likelihood that they will find out is pretty strong.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Example.. ther was a case a few months back some guy had been working for a majorbanking institution was fired when they found out about a petty theft conviction he got in the late 1960's.

He had been there well over 20 years...

I'd look it up but I'm 12 hours into a shift at work that's likely to last another 3 or 4 hours and I''m tired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will an expunged arrest show up on a level2 background check [ 0 Answers ]

In 04 I was arrested. In 06 the charges were dropped and I had my record expunged. I recently applied for a social work position that requires a local anx level 2 background check. When I went to complete my local the officer said she could not see what the charges were but there were codes...

How long does it take for a charge or an arrest to show up on a background check? [ 3 Answers ]

I was arrested a week ago for theft of goods. I went on an interview today and everything depends on the background check. How long does it take for the arrest or charge to show on my background check?

Will military background check show arrest record? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking into joining the military. I was arrested but the charges were dismissed. Will the military's background check show my arrest record? If so, will it tell them why I was arrested? I really want to get the ball rolling, so fast yet valid answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Will my juvenile arrest show up in a background check? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 17 I was arrested for shoplifting $20 worth of makeup. I was given a few hours of community service and had to sit through a 3 hour presentation, and I did both. I was never summoned to appear in court. I was arrested in Arizona and now live in Colorado, and am over 18. Will this...

Will arrest show on criminal background check? [ 16 Answers ]

I got arrested and released from booking by judge due to no probable cause. The judge even didn't consider it. Will the arrest show on any kind of criminal backgrounds check or fingerprint check?

View more questions Search