Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Len5217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting
    West to replace a burned out bulb in a 4-bulb light fixture connected to an older Hunter ceiling fan. Suddenly there was a spark and the all the light bulbs in the fixture went out and the entire socket that the light bulb was screwed into came out. The wires were correded and broke loose. I replaced the light fixture with a new one but the lights still do no work. Could the problem be the capacitor in the light fixture housing was burned out, the pull chain switch or could the problem be at the control switch in the wall? The red wire leading to the capacitor in the light housing has power to it.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan troubleshooting? [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a new ceiling fan and the lights do not work but the fan does.what have I done wrong?

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Myceiling fan made a popping noise then stop working, but the lights still comes on. What can this be?

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I just recently installed a 1 yr old monte carlo fan in a new location.  After 1 day, it's humming.  it's controlled by dimmer switch on the wall.  Any suggestions

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The lights on my ceiling fan automatically cycle through rapid flashing to on, then dimming to off, repeat cycle over and over... The remote is transmitting and the fan motor is OK.

Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting [ 6 Answers ]

I just removed one ceiling fan w/light and replaced it with another. The new ceiling fan will not work but the attached light kit does work. They use the same power source, I don't understand what the trouble could be. The fan is a brand new lower end Hunter. Thanks for any ideas.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.