Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodbye_kitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexiibabii
    okay so heres the deal, im 14 and my mom let me get my belly button pierced 2 years ago... i personally think piercings are a good way to express your self.. i would like a tongue piercing and a tatoo maybe a nose piercing just a stud tho... i will wait until im older for my nose n my tatoo but right now im asking my mom if i can get my tongue she said she will think about it but she really doesnt want to let me do it.. she said i dont want to feel like im putting a whole thru my own daughter even tho its my choice n i want it... does any one have any suggestions to convince my mom?? =)
    I have the same problem with you!I am 14 years old and I've asked my parent for a tongue piercing but they don't even want to hear about it!How can I convince them? Please,if you find a way to convince them,let me know!I beg you..!
    babz888 Posts: 52, Reputation: -5

Sep 28, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Never ever shut up about it... keep on nagging at your mum and she'll eventually let u get it :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babz888
    never ever shut up about it...keep on nagging at your mum and she'll eventually let u get it :)
    This won't work with all parents. Some parents will allow it if you bug them enough simply to just shut you up, but most parents (like mine) when they say no, they mean no.

Just wait until you are 18 so you can just sign for yourself.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babz888
    never ever shut up about it...keep on nagging at your mum and she'll eventually let u get it :)
    Were you as disrespectful to your parents as you are trying to convince the young children here to be to their parents. I bet your parents are real proud of the way you turned out huh?
    Never mind, you don't have to answer that.
    pierceaholic Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 12:01 PM
    okay so heres the deal, im 14 and my mom let me get my belly button pierced 2 years ago... i personally think piercings are a good way to express your self.. i would like a tongue piercing and a tatoo maybe a nose piercing just a stud tho... i will wait until im older for my nose n my tatoo but right now im asking my mom if i can get my tongue she said she will think about it but she really doesnt want to let me do it.. she said i dont want to feel like im putting a whole thru my own daughter even tho its my choice n i want it... does any one have any suggestions to convince my mom?? =)
    Hey, my name is corey and I am 14. I got 8 piercings. All I did was tel my mom Mom I promise I will do good and school listen and I will earn the money and pay for it myselfe all you got to do is sign. And I got a lip piercing a nipple piercing getting a tonguie piercing and I got my nose(took it out) and 6 ear piercings on the inside of my ear.

p.s but you got to make sure you follow threw with what you said. Lol
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pierceaholic
    Hey, my name is corey and i am 14. I got 8 piercings. All i did was tel my mom Mom i promise i will do good n school listen and i will earn the money and pay for it myselfe all you gotta do is sign. And i got a lip piercing a nipple piercing getting a tonguie piercing and i got my nose(took it out) and 6 ear piercings on the inside of my ear.

p.s but u gotta make sure u follow threw with what u said. Lol
    That is actually a good idea! The only thing I would change is to make sure you do the things you promise to do before your piercing, that shows responsibility.
    pierceaholic Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 12:08 PM
    True. Lol
    MandaPooz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Heyy! I got my tongue pierced, and it is really noticeable... you CAN eat and drink spicy foods and alcohol (just not beer for a few days after because of the yeast in it), it just hurts a little, or a lot depending on your pain tolerance. Anyway, it is noticeable so you won't be able to hide it from your parents. Convince your mum by saying that its just a tiny hole in your tongue.. tell her You'll be the one who'll put up with it, and that its just a phase, and if you grow up and decide you don't want it, then you can just take it out and let it heal over. And yeah you might have a few problems with talking, maybe a slight lisp, but shouldn't be toooo obvious if you try not to speak like a loser.
    Yep well that's all :D
    x-SarahBaybii-x Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Right basically, same thing happened with me. I begged for a tongue piercing, but she said I could olny get my belly button dun. So I did, but that was over a year ago.. so anyway I started looking into what I could do to get one.. I tried everything from finding escuses, to asking for fake ones etc, but I just got fedup and complained that it was my body, and wasn't fair she wouldn't let me pierce it.

I got so upset, that I eventually decided to pierce it myself. It sounds barbaric but it really isn't. Ive been researching for about 4 months now, and know everything about it. So I've ordered a full sterile piercing kit, should be here by the weekend. Im going to pierce it.. and if my mum finds it.. oh well.. its pierced. Lol

Not saying you should do this at all, I'm saying trying to find escuses isn't going to help. But you should think deeply into it, before making any decisions.

Ill comment you when I've done and send a piccy =]

x x x
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by x-SarahBaybii-x
    got so upset, that i eventually decided to pierce it myself. It sounds barbaric but it really isnt. Ive been researching for about 4 months now, and know everything about it. So ive ordered a full sterile piercing kit, should be here by the weekend. Im going to pierce it.. and if my mum finds it.. oh well.. its pierced. lol
    x x x
    I know when someone has their mind set on something, there is little that can be said to talk them out of it, but I cannot strongly suggest enough that you do not pierce your own tongue. You can cause bad injury to yourself if you do it wrong. Piercing someone (even yourself) is meant for people that are licensed, not someone who's mom said no so you're doing it in spite of that. Please do not do it.

It is also not a good thing to suggest someone else to do. If they decide to go with your advice and hurt themselves, they have you to thank for that.
    Troubled Teenager Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 02:16 PM
    I'm 14 too and my mum wouldn't let me get it done but I saved up and got it done 2 weeks ago. When I talked I just didn't open my mouth that wide but she found out on the 2nd week I had it done. She gave me into trouble but there's nfn she can do bowt it now that itz done. Itz so worth it and am gald I got it dun.
    That_freak666 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Wiat until your 16 or just do it that's what I've done with all mine but I've always openly told her about it and she made the usual threat (riping it out with pliars) but she gave in and now she's OK with it
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by That_freak666
    wiat til ur 16 or just do it thats what ive done with all mine but ive always openly told her about it and she made the usual threat (riping it out with pliars) but she gave in and now shes ok with it
    "Just do it" is terrible advice. If the OP took this advice she might get in terrible trouble with her parents, and it would be your fault. Don't advise a minor to "just do it".

On another note, I would like to point out that this thread is 9 months old. The OP has more than likely either got the piercing, or gotten over it. Please pay attention to the dates of the threads.
    BaBIi GigGlEz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Hey I'm 13 years old and this Thursday I got my toung pierced by mym friend in the skool bathroom... it does not hurt unless the needle is thinner than the tongue ring then you will feel like you're passing out one of my friends did but she was okay.. so my mom doesn't no about it and she thinks I'm sick and she wants to take me to the doctor but I don't want to its hard because you need to talk but you're tongue iz to swollen so yeah this is my 2nd day with it..
    HumanSiv Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Parajr
    sorry to say that no sensible parent is going to agree with this. May be you should reconsider. If wanted to do so many stupid things with I was your age now I say thank God that my parents didn't allow me to do it. Think about it before you do it. To answer your question I would say that there is no way to convince your parents into allowing you to have this done.
    I don't see what's wrong with letting a teenager do what they want to do with their body... There is a reason why we are each given our own bodies and that's to have the freedom knowing we can do what we want with them... Adults shouldn't go around saying yes and no to these types things. Im 15 and my mother wouldn't let me get any piercings until I was 18 and so I decided that I wanted my belly button pierced so I just did it. Now I have an agreement with mom that I can get my tongue and nose done for christmas... in my opinion just do it darl don't want for a deffinite answer from someone who thinks they can control what you do with your body... :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BaBIi GigGlEz
    hey im 13 years old and this thursday i got my toung pierced by mym friend in the skool bathroom ..... it does not hurt unless the needle is thinner than the tounge ring then you will feel like youre passin out one of my friends did but she was okay.. so my mom doesnt no about it and she thinks im sick and she wants to take me to the doctor but i dont want to its hard because you need to talk but youre tounge iz to swollen so yeah this is my 2nd day with it ..
    That is why you should always get pierced by a professional. Who in the world would get a piercing from someone who uses a needle that is a smaller gauge than the jewelry? Not smart. The needle should always be one gauge larger than the jewelry. Plus, getting your tongue pierced by a friend in the school bathroom is not smart. First of all, there is no possible way your friend sterilized that needle enough for piercing. Second of all, your friend could have seriously hurt you if she had hit the major artery in your tongue. From now on I suggest you go to a professional, and if your parents won't let you, just deal with it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanSiv
    I don't see whats wrong with letting a teenager do what they want to do with their body...There is a reason why we are each given our own bodies and thats to have the freedom knowing we can do what we want with them...Adults shouldnt go around saying yes and no to these types things. Im 15 and my mother wouldnt let me get any piercings untill i was 18 and so i decided that i wanted my belly button pierced so i just went ahead and did it. Now i have an agreement with mom that i can get my tongue and nose done for christmas...in my opinion just go ahead and do it darl dont want for a deffinite answer from someone who thinks they can control what you do with your body...:)
    I hate to tell you, but while you are a minor, your parents can control what you do with your body. I am a mother and I would just like to say that adults can do what they darn well please. When you turn 18 then you get these privileges, but until then, you are a kid, so deal with it.

Second of all, don't tell another minor (like yourself) to do it. You don't know this person, her parents, or her medical conditions. Don't advise people to do something to themselves that could potentially hurt them.
    amanda-xo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 04:59 PM
    try talking to your mom,explain to her how if she doesn't let you there are only a few more years until you can sign for it yourself.. but don't sound like your are threating her, I begged my mom for years.and now next week (on my 16th birthday) she is going to let me get it done.. so be patient it will come =]

p.s I didn't notice how old your topic was.. but I hope my advice can come in handy
    Bewild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 05:01 AM
    This is simple,
    First you get a fake tongue ring at bewild.com and put it in. Show it to your mom and let her get over it and then have her take you for a real one

Fake Ear, nose, labret and Nipple Jewelry :: Magnetic Earrings
    miss_freckles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 02:33 AM
    I, 17 and I was aloud a meaningful tattoo and my belly button pierced, but my mum refuses to let me get my tongue done. Apparently it chips your teeth. I've seen my bros and it does. But I don't c what the problem is if you put plastic balls on it. I'm still havning the argument with my mum about it. I'm aloud it when I've moved out of home so then ill have to pay my dentist bills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: Ok, so I have been trying to convince my mom that I should get a Tongue Ring, and i don't know how to convince her. If any one has any ideas, please let me know! ~Thanks:confused:

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

Tongue piercing twice [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have my tongue pierced once And am thinking about getting it done again But am unsure as it might affect the way I give blowjobs Can anyone help or give any advice on this Thanks Xxx

Does tongue piercing hurt? [ 29 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but I'm scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out? Message me asap tnx

View more questions Search