Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemlee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 09:25 AM
    3 month old morkie not eating well
    Hello
    Just got our little morkie and he is so good just doesn't eat that well. He was on Royal Canin for puppies doesn't love it though eats one or two kibbles and that is it. The breeder said feed twice a day leave down for 20 minutes then remove. I just feel so bad if he is not eating I tried hand feeding sometimes he does other times not. Any advice on food or feeding would be appreciated. We have him for 2 weeks now and he is o smart sleeps well, potty trains great and plays. Thanks for your advice
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2013, 11:44 AM
    You could always try switching foods.

Even though he was raised on Royal Canin, there could be something wrong with the bag that you purchased. You could try taking it back in exchange for the same food, but different bag and see if that helps. Or you could try a different food all together.

Foods I like would be Innova, Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, Wellnesss and Natural Balance. All come in a puppy formula and I think some of the bigger brands like Blue Buff. And Wellness come in small breed puppy.

If your puppy is acting healthy over all, but just isn't eating, than I would first try and get a different bag of food and see if it helps. Try mixing some chicken broth or a little bit of canned food to see if that piques her interest.
    anne1993 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    You could always try switching foods.

Even though he was raised on Royal Canin, there could be something wrong with the bag that you purchased. You could try taking it back in exchange for the same food, but different bag and see if that helps. Or you could try a different food all together.

Foods I like would be Innova, Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, Wellnesss and Natural Balance. All come in a puppy formula and I think some of the bigger brands like Blue Buff. And Wellness come in small breed puppy.

If your puppy is acting healthy over all, but just isn't eating, than I would first try and get a different bag of food and see if it helps. Try mixing some chicken broth or a little bit of canned food to see if that piques her interest.
    I have an 11 month old morkie she also isn't a great eater but I found that she likes beneful wet and dry. I leave the dry down always and she gets half the container of wet for breakfast. She's ten pounds and the vet says she's perfect weight. To me I think she only eats a little but obviously I'm wrong.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anne1993 View Post
    I have an 11 month old morkie she also isn't a great eater but I found that she likes beneful wet and dry. I leave the dry down always and she gets half the container of wet for breakfast. She's ten pounds and the vet says she's perfect weight. To me I think she only eats a little but obviously I'm wrong.
    Beneful is not a good food, it's mostly filler, which is likely why your pup is a "good weight" without having to eat too much. If she decided to eat more, she'd quickly be an unhealthy weight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 month old not eating but drinking [ 2 Answers ]

My chuihuahua is drinking water but not eating she has a spaced out look and doesn't play. Iu think she might have eaten an a acorn in the yard she eats anything,until now she is just not the same.She will walk around but not for long then goes back to lay down.I have other dogs and they are fine...

18 month old stopped eating [ 1 Answers ]

My 18 month old daughter has stopped eating everything that is good for her. If she won't eat for meal, I will keep it for when she is hungry but then she STILL won't eat it. She won't even touch meat or any kid but I was able to get her to eat spaghetti with hamburger and veggies. That is the...

4 month old puppy not eating much [ 4 Answers ]

Our puppy is a 4 month old Rottweiler/Lab mix. She does not seem to like eating that much and sleeps a lot. Seems lethargic last couple of days and has had diarrhea. Should this be a concern? She has a vet appt. next week.

Morkie puppy not eating enough, other questions? [ 12 Answers ]

I just got a morkie puppy about 3 days ago... She has been eating some.. but I am not sure if it is enough he will be 3 months soon... I put warm water in his food to make it soft so he could chew it but he only takes a little and walks away.. and sometimes he doesn't eat for a long time and I get...

Is my 6 month eating right [ 6 Answers ]

My 6 month old has reflux and I was told to cut his bottle intake down per sitting.. now he eats 3 tbsp of cereal and a jar of fruit for breakfast along with a 4 ounce bottle... for lunch he has half veggies and half a fruit jar with a 5 ounce bottle... and dinner he eats a jar of fruit and a jar...

View more questions Search