Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lauren0050 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 12:03 AM
    Can I charge him for invasion of privacy
    My boyfriend (now ex) went through my personal cell phone, and took pictures with his phone of a conversation (text messages) that I had with my ex husband. He took those pictures, showing our conversation, and sent then to my ex husbands new wife, and then he posted them publicly on Facebook. Can I charge him with invasion of privacy?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 14, 2013, 01:32 AM
    Nope.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2013, 02:03 AM
    Nope first there are few laws that cover this, next, most obvious he had access to the phone and did not steal it. What he did, can not be used against you in court, most likely, but there is nothing you can do. Also since it is all true, there is no defense there.

I guess the best thing you should have done, was not have text conversations, with your ex, that would make boyfriend mad, and mad your ex's girlfriend mad.

Without details, my best assumption, you got caught doing something you should not,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invasion of privacy [ 26 Answers ]

If someone were to go through files on a computer, and steal inappropriate subject matter, could that person be charged or sued for some sort of invasion of privacy?

How to charge someone for invasion of privacy in canada [ 3 Answers ]

I forgot my cell phone at home while my boyfriend and I went to school and my boyfriend's sister snooped through my phone and found that I was talking about her... now she is causing problems for me and my boyfriend... she wasn't supposed to see any of it... can she be charged?

Invasion of Privacy? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my Rights to Privacy when engage in an internet chat with someone. I was chatting with a friend of mine, who I had most recently slept with. She was planning on moving from Ontario to Alberta, and breaking it off with the guy she was with. We chatted for 3 weeks after...

Invasion of privacy? [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone is in the legal field maybe you can help. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about INVASION OF PRIVACY. A person has hired a private investorgator on me took all these photos hacked into my email and is now threating me with them. She's saying she's going to send all these privaite...

Invasion of privacy? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know if installing a web cam in a bar with no notification to the public that it is there constitutes an invasion of privacy? If so, what needs to be done to allow the bar to install said web cam? Thanks,

View more questions Search