Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hughtod1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Low Water Pressure
    Water pressure/flow in house is getting slower by the day. The pressure regulator is about 3/4 years old. I don't have equipment to check psi. I turned the adjustment both ways about one turn but no change. Your diagram shows a screen. Could that be clogged? If so, how would I go about cleaning it? Or, should I get a plumber?? Thanks. Hugh O'Donnell
    [email protected]
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2013, 01:39 PM
    In order for the PRV to change pressure, you need water flowing. Open a tub spout, let it run and then unscrew the lock nut and adjust the top screw. Tighten down to increase pressure. Do you have a water softener? If so bypass it and see what happens. Whole house filter? Change it. You really need to test the pressure as you could have an obstruction that has nothing to do with the pressure.
    hughtod1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Thank you for your help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure great but VERY low cold water pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into a trailer that is 16 years old. It is on a private lot so we are on a well. After moving the trailer on the lot we hooked the water up including holding tank. After getting trailer set up we discovered we have great hot water pressure but very little cold water. So I replaced...

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

ALL of the toilets in house have low water in bowl and low pressure... [ 0 Answers ]

All of our toilets seem to be running on low water in the bowls. The tanks are full. I see no leaks. You have to flush several times to even get toilet paper down sometimes! Then the water slowly leaks out until there is less than half the amount of water. My husband replaced the flapper (wrong...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

View more questions Search