Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t0nybo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
    Bad management
    Well I signed a year lease with my landlord first off they say you can only pay in money order or check well I was so eager to move in I really didn't pay them any attention so I paid a $200 deposit and a $50 move in fee in cash somehow they lost my file quote on quote I think something's going on then maybe 2 months later for about 3 weeks maybe four we did not have any hot water whatsoever there was no compensation or anything weren't they in breach of the lease because we had no hot water for 3 to 4 weeks. Another thing are complex is dirty it's sometimes quite disgusting I'm swimming pool that were allowed to swim in is sometimes green like it's filled with alge and it stays that way for at least a week to week and a half until they do clean it. Can you please tell me if they breached the lease because I don't want to stay here any longer I don't have to and I'm still wondering where my $200 cash deposit went because somehow they can't find the file sounds sketchy to me
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2013, 06:21 PM
    You didn't bother to look around the place before you signed and moved in? These are all excuses that would have been easily visible at that time. This actually sounds like buyers remorse which is on you.

Did you inform them of the lack of hot water in writing? It matter HOW they were notified. Because its key in proving exactly when they were made aware of the problem.

Dirty can be a matter of opinion... and you aren't the one that sets the standard... it is what is commonly acceptable.

And a $200 deposit makes it clear it's a low end property not the Ritz-Carlton. 30+ years ago the apartment I lived in after college had a deposit of over $750.

You don't get the deposit back if you break the lease... or if you damage the property and it exceeds the deposit amount. You get it back at the end of the lease after you move out and return the property back in suitible condition. And exactly how soon is determined by state law. As well as what any penalties would be for them failing to do it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2013, 06:45 PM
    They might have been in breach though I doubt it. But its too late now since its repaired. And depending on the problem it could have taken 3-4 weeks to repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Property Management company [ 1 Answers ]

I hired a property management company to manage my house and moved out of state. Since then, they don't respond to the tenants problems and then they call me and I take care of it and I have received 1 check that bounced and they claimed they switched accounts in the middle of the transaction and...

The difference between personnel management and human resource management [ 2 Answers ]

The difference between personnel management and human resource management

Management Interview for someone with no management experience [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am shortly going for a middle management job. I have no experience in such a role. I have a strong education background with 3 years experience in the area of activity I am applying for. When I am asked about management styles, I am wondering how does one get around the fact one has no...

View more questions Search