Ask
    mariel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Objective on a resume
    Where and what do I put for an objective
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
    You may put one, or you may merely do one without it.

It is basically a summary of what type of position you are looking for. IF you want to be the Chief Engineer for a design company with good promotion opportunities, then that is what you list as what you want.

But it also can limit you to who may then call you with a offer if they feel their position does not match, while you may have accepeted a offer form someone else also.
    dflak Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2007, 01:06 PM
    The objective on the resume can be used to set the tone of the resume and get the potential employer focused on certain areas. However, most objectives I've seen are either banal plattitudes ("I want to work for a progressive company where I can really make a difference.") or they sound very much like "I want"

The best objectives are short statements of, "this is what I can do for you!"

For example, an objective I've used in the past went something like this, "Use my 15 years' experience in project management to take an entreprenurial company to the next level in organizational development."

I.e. "I came. I saw. I organized."
    missmarple Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Objective:
    I find that very hard to understand. From what you say Chuc, then What does the Aim mean
    Like Aims and Objectives...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Persuasive and objective essay [ 3 Answers ]

How can you treat the subject of your essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of your point of view?

Objective [ 17 Answers ]

What am I suppose to put for an objective when I don't have any goals and I don't have much job exerpience?

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

What do I say for the objective for a resume? [ 3 Answers ]

What are you suppose to act like in an interview when you are 18? Like I know if I use to many big words then they will know I am acting but if I use to little then they won't hire me? At 18 years old I don't have much job experience and I went online for tips on what to say as my objective and it...

Shareholder wealth as the main objective of the firm [ 1 Answers ]

A firm can choose from an infinitely long list of possible objectives.some of these will appear noble and easly justified,other remain hidden,implicit,embarrassing,even subconscious.Discuss the rationale for selecting shareholder wealth as the main objective of the firm

View more questions Search