Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steven1030 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 11:12 PM
    Overstayed Visa
    My fiancé came here on a visa other than a tourist or marriage/fiance. Since this is a public forum I will not stay the type, but she has overstayed her visa. We are now married here in the US. Will she still have the likelihood of being deported?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 12:31 AM
    Very high, if and when caught, she needs to leave the country and apply for proper visa to return. ** and/or hire an immigration attorney to start working on this.
    If she is caught and deported, her chances of returning is far less, than if she will just leave and reapply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overstayed visa [ 0 Answers ]

My South African boyfriend has just realised that he has overstayed his ancestry visa by 43 days (he has been here just over 5 years). He was about to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain. Does he have any options to apply for indefinite leave to remain or for a new visa from the UK? Or does he...

Overstayed visa, left US, now this [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I lived in the US for the last 7 years. My mother wanted me to continue school so she decided we would try things and end up overstaying our visa, we had a tourist visa. 7 years later we came back to my country of origin. I just got a job as a flight attendant and am currently in the training...

Overstayed his visa [ 2 Answers ]

I am with a man who came to the US to go to school. His student visa has expired & we have one child together. Is there anything I can do to help him? I have researched this a little & I keep seeing different answers. Some say there is nothing that can be done once his papers expire to help him...

Overstayed visa for 3 years But departed the you.S while under 18 [ 2 Answers ]

I was just curious to ask this because a friend of mine from eastern Europe came to the United States when he was 14 yrs old on a tourist visa with his family. However, he overstayed his visa and stayed in the U.S illegally for almost 3 years. He left the United States voluntarily without being in...

View more questions Search