Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tomsjeep88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Loss of pressure in shower
    Loss of shower pressure.

While recently showering, my water pressure suddenly dropped about 50%. There was no change in temperature, and the pressure in the rest of the house is fine. It was time to replace the shower head anyway, which I did, but the (lack of) pressure remains. I'm on city water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 06:38 PM
    It is not uncommon for debris to clog a shower mixing valve but that would create a temp change which you say did not happen. I would still remove the mixer, clean it, flush the valve by trunng on the water for a second with a towel held tightly over the mixer opening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of hot water pressure in shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I have recently loss only hot water pressure in my shower. It also seems to take much longer for the water to get hot. I assume this has to do with my hot water tank. I am not the original owner and can not find any product information. Can someone recommend where I start. Is there...

Sudden loss of pressure in shower only [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sudden loss of pressure hot & cold:mad: in our shower and all other taps have normal pressure. A few weeks ago the hot pipe would make a soft banging noise

Loss of water pressure in shower only [ 1 Answers ]

My husband installed a new water heater and it works great. We have one big problem to solve after the installation. All of the water faucets, toilet and washing machine work great but we now have no water pressure in the bath tub faucets. We don't even have enough pressure to use the shower. ...

Loss of pressure in bathroom shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All Need help. The electric shower in my bathroom has recently had a severe drop in water pressure, so much so that it is no more than a trickle of water now. I have checked the plumbing and there doesn't appear to be any breaks, leaks or blockages. Every other tap in the house has normal...

Loss of pressure in shower [ 4 Answers ]

We recently bought a home and a few weeks after we moved in the water pressure in the shower went crazy. Sometimes it happens less than a minute after you turn on the shower; at other times, you can make it through your shower without any problems. There is a sound like a "thunk," then the water...

View more questions Search