Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheZealot444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 01:18 PM
    How do I get a girlfriend in 6th grade?
    There's a girl in my class that I like, but I'm not sure how to start a relationship.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
    WAIT till you are older.
    There's nothing to be gained jumping so quickly.
    Hang out, have fun and be a child for a while longer. You can't go back..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 01:27 PM
    You're in sixth grade, so you're around 11?

You're too young to date. How would you even date? Dating involves going out, maybe to dinner, a movie, etc. You're 11, you can't even go across the street without permission.

Wait until you're older, you have plenty of time for dating in 5 years or more.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 01:37 PM
    You're too young. Pay attention to the lessons in school, not possible girlfriends. Your teacher and your parents will appreciate it.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Well, you could ask her if she'd like to go to a real upscale restaurant with you... maybe you could take her on a balloon ride... take her to a show... you know, stuff like that... oh wait, you're in 6th grade... that's different. You have no car, no money, no freedom to do as you want... yeah, you don't need a girlfriend. Wait until you're older. Be a kid for now.
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Well, you could ask her if she'd like to go to a real upscale restaurant with you....maybe you could take her on a balloon ride....take her to a show....you know, stuff like that....oh wait, you're in 6th grade....that's different. You have no car, no money, no freedom to do as you want....yeah, you don't need a girlfriend. Wait until you're older. Be a kid for now.
    Odinn, the balloon ride sounds great. I'll meet you on the corner of crazy and disturbed, and we can go from there. I'll pay for dinner. ;)
    Entomology Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Sounds like a plan.
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Sounds like a plan.
    I'll be there. You better not stand me up.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
    Never.
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Never.
    Hubby said "if he's willing to dish out $250 plus for a balloon ride, he can pay for dinner too. That's dating 101!"

I did tell him I offered to pay for dinner. He told me that that was foolish. It's a date. Boys pay for the date, according to him. ;)
    greatstudent Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Aug 25, 2013, 10:17 PM
    Well, you're in 6th grade and there's no problem dating in that age, but nowadays "dating" at a young age leads to so many sexual things. If you really like this girl, be kind to her. Become her good friend and she'll fall for you sooner or later. Just don't rush things. Good luck! :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2013, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by greatstudent View Post
    Well, you're in 6th grade and there's no problem dating in that age, but nowadays "dating" at a young age leads to so many sexual things. If you really like this girl, be kind to her. Become her good friend and she'll fall for you sooner or later. Just don't rush things. Good luck! :)
    You've responded to several posts recently with similar themes. All with questionable to bad advice. Yes there IS a problem with dating at that age. 6th grade means 11 years old, which is too young for dating. Children today are trying to grow up too fast because of the media glorifying romantic relationships. But they are too young to get involved in such relationships. Children need to grow up more before they are mature enough to handle this.

I suspect you are in a similar age bracket, which is why you think its OK.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2013, 06:00 AM
    greatstudent, you also clearly aren't reading the responses before yours.
    You either repeat them or contradict what has already been hashed out.

Some of your advice sounds harmless enough but really isn't, such as "Become her good friend and she'll fall for you sooner or later." Surely you know that the odds of this are actually pretty small, and you aren't even there to know either one of the people involved. Wanting to sound encouraging isn't the goal here, if it's based on something not true.

I'm not suggesting that you go away - you are articulate and can be a valuable asset to this site. Many of us had to go through a trial by fire here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a girlfriend in 6th grade. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in 6th grade. I need a girlfriend before September and I need a date for the school 6th grade prom!! Help

Want to have sex with 6th grade girlfriend but she is scared? [ 18 Answers ]

Me and my girfriend want to have sex. She's in 6 grade and I am in 7 grade. I asked if she would have sex with me and she said OK but she said she's scared because her parents could find out. How can I just tell her to do it and stop worrying? We have been going out for a long time she shouldn't be...

View more questions Search