Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12superdancer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 10:50 AM
    Does he secretly like me?
    So there's this guy in a few of my classes at school and we're both 15.

And he's always really mean to me (he takes my things out of my blazer, calls me mean names, spread rumours about me and just generally, purposely annoys me).
    However, there's this one class where I sit next to him, and he usually acts the same way. But there are often moments were we get alone really well and I start to like him. E.g. Today we had this pen fight and had to do an exercise with our phones, and we were just talking like friends, and I really liked that. This has been going on for about half a year now.

I know people say that often when a guy is mean to you, it means that they like you. Does he like me? Or is he just a jerk? I think his friends are influencing him, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Ask him. It's that simple.

Jul 10, 2013, 10:56 AM
    But he's out of my league, and I've never dated anyone like him before. I don't want to embarrass myself
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 11:04 AM
    Give him an ultimatum, tell him to play nice or else ignore that you even exist.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
    When boys are mean to you, it usually means they like you... But I'm talking about boys... grade school age. A 15 year old being mean to you just kind of shows me that he's an immature idiot. Does he like you? Maybe... we don't know. If you're afraid to ask, there's nothing else we can do to help you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 12superdancer View Post
    oh lol, can't spell! so any ideas?
    I taught 3rd grade. The boys in that grade punched girls they liked. By teenage, they grow out of that, This guy is locked in an arrested development stage, so I would avoid him until he grows up..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 12:28 PM
    She has to be in 9th grade. I got treated like that by a group of guys up until 10th grade.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 03:42 PM
    At 15 the guy ought to know better, He sounds like a pompous azz. I would not give the time of day to a guy who calls me names, starts rumors and annoys me. I'd tell him if he can't be decent all of the time, don't talk to me at all. He is doing what you allow him to do especially if you get all goo goo eyed when he decides to be nice.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 03:46 PM
    But he's out of my league, and I've never dated anyone like him before. I don't want to embarrass myself
    If you won't ask him, you'll never know. You're asking us to tell you how he feels. There's only one person that knows how he feels, and that's him.

So either ask him, or forget about it. Those are your options.

But, I have to see I agree with the others. Boys in grade school are mean to the girls they like. At 15 they don't normally do that. So he either really doesn't like you, or he's at a grade school level emotionally. Either way, not dating material.
    cownamedbessie Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2013, 05:15 PM
    I think he might like you. But don't just straight out ask him he might decline and laugh in your face etc. just try hinting at things but like make it kind obvious because guys usually don't notice the little things like that. Smile at him from across the room you know small things like that things that could stay just between the two of you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2013, 07:28 AM
    If this is how he treats you when he likes you, imagine how he'll treat you if he falls in love with you.

He's too immature to be in a relationship.

I'd simply ignore him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 19, 2013, 08:11 AM
    I don't think his maturity level or behavior merits you even considering giving him any other attention other than class mate. He has to grow up quite a bit in my view.

Jul 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Crush Problems
    So there's this guy in a few of my classes and we're both 15.
    I've had a mini crush on him for quite a few months now, but recently it's gotten stronger.
    I've talked to him a couple of times on Facebook, and tried to flirt with him in PE whilst playing basketball, and we did a small class presentation together a couple months back. He's always been really nice, friendly and sweet towards me, but I'm so out of his league.
    I've worked with some of his friends in class before, but never hung out with them, and not so comfortable to do so.
    I want to get to know him better and spend more time with him without embarrassing myself.
    What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 02:07 PM
    Of course you threads were merged and yet again I think you may have to wait for this guy to grow up, or show some interest. He obviously doesn't feel the same as you do for sure. I sure don't think you chase him, or put yourself out there to far.
    MASTERBEARDOG Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Just ask him out hon
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 02:22 PM
    "just ask him out hon"

She's 15 - I don't think asking out someone who is rude and upsets her is a good idea. What am I missing?
    MASTERBEARDOG Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Well judy I am 24 when I was 15 I done the same thing 2 my now beautiful wife and it made us th@ much closer we have been together 4 9 yrs now and she has changed my attitude a lot

And further more superdancer give him your num if he calls you u will know exactly how he feels
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERBEARDOG View Post
    well judy I am 24 when I was 15 I done the same thing 2 my now beautiful wife and it made us th@ much closer we have been 2gether 4 9 yrs now and she has changed my attitude a lot

and futher more superdancer give him ur num if he calls u u will know exactly how he feels
    MASTERBEARDOG, if you're 24, surely you know how to write properly. Text talk is against the rules of this site. Please write using complete words and sentences, and use the best English you're capable of. Most of us cannot decode text talk, and this is an international site where English text talk would be impossible to understand for many.

Thank you.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 06:01 PM
    "MASTERBEARDOG, if you're 24, surely you know how to write properly. Text talk is against the rules of this site. Please write using complete words and sentences, and use the best English you're capable of. Most of us cannot decode text talk, and this is an international site where English text talk would be impossible to understand for many. "

Third time he's been told - and counting.

And as far as what you "done" to your NOW beautiful wife - I do not recommend that any female make a decision at 15 that impacts the rest of her life. Good that it worked out for you. I trust she finished her education, is well employed, can survive if something happens to her 15-year-old love?

What made you closer? Your rude treatment of her? Something else? I'm missing your point here.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 06:18 PM
    So there's this guy in a few of my classes and we're both 15.
    I've had a mini crush on him for quite a few months now, but recently it's gotten stronger.
    I've talked to him a couple of times on Facebook, and tried to flirt with him in PE whilst playing basketball, and we did a small class presentation together a couple months back. He's always been really nice, friendly and sweet towards me, but I'm so out of his league.
    I've worked with some of his friends in class before, but never hung out with them, and not so comfortable to do so.
    I want to get to know him better and spend more time with him without embarrassing myself.
    What should I do?
    Is this the same guy who was rude and spread rumors or has the story changed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I secretly ugly? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm going to try and not make this a rambling post, lol... Recently I was seeing someone for 2 months and things were amazing: great conversations, always laughing/having a good time, and we were very passionate together. I felt lucky to be dating her but I also felt we were a...

How to know if your friend secretly loves you [ 3 Answers ]

At one time we couldn't be separated but a few months later the vibe just dissapered we talk but not as much as we used to but whenever I ask her out she texts me and say that she loved it so much and I love you

Is he secretly gay! [ 49 Answers ]

So one day I'm in a chat with one of my friends this guys lets call him D well d' invites people from his list and I start talking to one of his friends (lets call him T) online so I never seen him before but he go's to my friend d's college so we talk this goes on for like 3 years we just...

View more questions Search