Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hallandale Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Does the State of Texas disqualify a felon for a mortgage loan
    Does the State of Texas disqualify a felon for a mortgage loan? Or rental?

Jul 10, 2013, 07:08 AM
    What are the rights of a felon in Texas?
    Rights of felons in Texas
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 07:09 AM
    The State of Texas isn't a mortgage lender or a Landlord... however a felony record will keep you out of most public housing in the country.. and depending on what it was for... many private landlords might choose not to rent to you.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 07:11 AM
    You need to be a LOT more specific with your question.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2013, 07:11 AM
    The state of Texas or any US state for that matter has no say on whether a lender decides to issue a mortgage or not. Same thing with a rental. That is up to the either the lender or landlord.

I've merged your threads. Please don't start a new thread for follow-up questions.

It would also help if you explain in a bit more detail. Have you been refused a loan or rental?

Jul 10, 2013, 07:12 AM
    What rights do felons lose?
    What rights do felons lose in Texas?

Jul 10, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Civil rights for Texas convicted felons
    Civil rights for Texas convicted felons
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Quite asking repetitive questions... reporting this to site modes for deleteion.

Site rules allow only ONE thread per topic.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 07:14 AM
    This is your FOURTH question asking basically the same thing... Site rules permit only ONE thread.

Reporting this to mods for deletion.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2013, 07:19 AM
    I've merged these threads as well, though I'm leaving this as a separate question since its more general. As noted, please stop created multiple threads.

Did you serve your full sentence? If you were released on probation, your PO should have explained this to you. However, if you have served your full time and been released, I think the only right you lose is the right to vote. Otherwise you would have the same rights as any other citizen.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Firearms as well... Not sure if this is what you're looking for but convicted felons cannot legally own or touch a firearm.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 07:30 AM
    I don't think they know how to check their answers because they have asked this 6 times and I reported the last five... and they haven't answered yet.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 10, 2013, 08:30 AM
    Convicted felon is redundant. Felon is all that is needed.
    A felon is going to have a tough time at first getting either a mortgage or a rental, but not because of state or federal laws. Because a felon won't have the steady income requirements of all lenders and most landlords. Half way houses, friends, or relatives for a while are often the only option.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 08:32 AM
    My answer is kind of out of place now that it's all merged and seems to be geared more towards rentals and mortgages. I was answering the one about what rights do felons lose... oh well... that's what happens when you ask 37 similar questions.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 10, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    My answer is kind of out of place now that it's all merged and seems to be geared more towards rentals and mortgages. I was answering the one about what rights do felons lose...oh well...that's what happens when you ask 37 similar questions.
    Easy enough to figure out. I wouldn't worry.

I noticed on another question recently that 2 felons can't marry each other without permission! Never knew that before, assuming it's true.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Hello joy:
    I noticed on another question recently that 2 felons can't marry each other without permission! Never knew that before, assuming it's true.
    It's kind of true... While either of them are under supervision, they are precluded from associating with other felons.. But, once they're DONE, wedding bells can ring.

Excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas Felon moving to Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I have a felony in Texas wanting to move to Florida. The charge was in 2003 and I have completed the five year probation period which ended in 2007. Is there any information that I need to know if I am wanting to move to Florida. Thank you

Can a convicted felon be hired in a municipality in Texas? [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out my boss was in prison for four years for theft of over $20,000 and under $100,000. It really bothers me and I no longer respect her at all and when she gives me guidance or instructions all I see is her mug shot. Someone told me about it and I didn't believe them so I looked it up...

Marriage felon in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I am on federal supervised release and so is the man I want to marry is there anyway we can get married with out violating?

Need a job for ex-felon in Texas now [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a job in North Texas to start immediately, and cannot find nothing. I cannot get through the front door. Where can I go to get a job for food, clothing, roof, transportation, etc. etc.

I am a felon in Texas and I am going to college but I do not know what I can do? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 23 and I got arrested for poss. Of a narcotic around 4 years ago I am currently in school and have not picked a major or field of study but I am about to make the dean's list :)... I am so scared that all my hard work is going to be in vain. I have no clue what I should do with my life or what...

View more questions Search