Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EricaC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 09:17 PM
    How to change a shower drain straining top
    "We installed a tile shower drain and enclosed it in concrete-unfortunately we needed an acrylic drain that requires a different straining top-is there a way to change the top of the drain or covert it?-without having to chisel or break the concrete to remove it"
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Most shower drains bolt on with two screws. Although some replacements snap in. You have a plastic drain and it should have to bolt holes to secure the strainer. Am I missing a problem here? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caulk needed around top or bottom edge of shower drain strainer? [ 5 Answers ]

My shower drain strainer was cheap plastic and it broke, so I'm replacing it with an Oatey 4.25" metal strainer. It is the snap-in type with the ears that extend out from the four small tabs, shown on the bottom of this page: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/wing-tite-shower-drain.html I don't...

How do I change a shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Jacobsen Manufactured Home and the shower drain is all pitted and needs to be changed. I wish to put in a whole new unit. How do I do this? Thanks, Don

Installing a Shower Unit on Top of a Basement Drain [ 8 Answers ]

I currently have an unfinished bathroom in my basement consisting of a working toilet and basically a shower head and two nozzles coming out of the wall. There is a floor drain right below the shower head and nozzles (It was basically used to shower off coal/steel dust before you walk upstairs to...

Replacing top half of solvent weld shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

A little advice here would be most appreciated... Six year old home, slab on grade, one-piece fiberglass shower unit with solvent weld drain over what looks to be a 2" PVC pipe. Original installers must have overtightened the screws that hold the strainer down. In doing so they broke the...

Going at leaky fiberglass shower drain from the top [ 5 Answers ]

I have a leaking shower drain on the second floor of my home. When we bought the house last year, the floor of the one-unit fiberglass shower gave a bit under my weight. You won't be surprised to learn that all that flexing caused the lip of the drain to separate slightly from the shower floor. The...

View more questions Search