Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bo and Vicki Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Statutory rape
    I was convicted in 2006 and done three yrs in prison I made a terrible mistake I paid for it and now I just need a chance if anyone can help >email address removed per site rules< thank you and god bless
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 11:50 AM
    What kind of help do you need?

(Email addresses are not allowed - a mod will remove yours)

Jul 9, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What kind of help do you need?

(Emaiil addresses are not allowed - a mod will remove yours)
    I just need a job if you know of someone that is hiring with that kind of felony
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 11:56 AM
    You are on an international site. What country do you live on? We can't use your e mail address.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:57 AM
    I'm looking for a truck driving job but when they see my felony they don't talk to me anymore do u have any suggestion will appreciate any help u can give

Jul 9, 2013, 11:59 AM
    Sorry I'm new to this site I apologize just looking for help
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Some area of the country have support groups for felons, groups that have access to many sites and companies that assist in finding employment. Your PO (if you have one) should have that info.

The problem with trucking/felonies is vey often insurance - I do know some companies discriminate.

Have you tried driving locally and then expanding that to something that pays better, perhaps delivery of some sort?

Jul 9, 2013, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo and Vicki View Post
    Sorry I'm new to this site I apologize just looking for help
    I'm in Alabama is there any truck drivers on this site

Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Yes I have and I get the same answer and no I don't have a po I live in a very small community that's why I need a big company to hire me so I can get some more experience
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 12:19 PM
    No, no one is on this site looking for employees - in fact, that is not allowed.

I guess you need to either move to a larger place or just keep applying until you "hit" a job.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2013, 12:40 PM
    A lot depends her on your crime. Did you have sex with a young child or just an underage girlfriend (you don't have to answer)? The point being that one is a heinous crime while the other is just a mistake in judgment.

Especially if the crime was a mistake in judgment, you need to present that, upfront to prospective employers. Have you tried contacting someone in your state Department of Corrections?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory Rape? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I am 16 Years old living in Canada and I'm currently seeing someone who is 20. We are concerned about the law and were wondering if age is an issue with us, because I am younger than the legal age of adulthood and he is older.

Statutory rape [ 6 Answers ]

If you have a girlfriend that lives in Alberta canada and she is 16, and you have a son that lives in the US and is 18 and something happends is that considered statutory rape??

Statutory rape [ 10 Answers ]

I was raped 3 1/2 yrs ago and have a child as a result. I was to terrified to say anything at the time being 17 yrs old myself. The rapist was 21. How long do I have to report this? My husband and I don't want this guy to get away with this. Any help?

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

View more questions Search