Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BSM1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 10:28 AM
    My brother needs to leave now!!
    My brother doesn't want to leave my house. He says that I have to give him an eviction notice. I asked him to leave and told him that he has thirty days to do so or the police will be called. His name is not on my lease and he doesn't pay any rent on the light bill and he hasn't paid that this month yet. I need to know how to get him out and fast. I live in Manning, South Carolina.

Jul 9, 2013, 10:48 AM
    I really need help ASAP!!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 10:54 AM
    You must give him a written notice of eviction, not just a verbal one. Some basic info on SC evictions here: South Carolina Eviction Process Can be Won with a 5 Day Notice Form and you can see a sample SC eviction notice here:
    South Carolina Eviction Notice Form - South Carolina Eviction Notice Sample

If after the 30 days he still refuses to leave the next step is to get a court order, then the sheriff can get involved to physically remove him.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:04 AM
    It refers to a lease and a landlord. We did not have a lease agreement, he only paid the light bill but he has not paid it this month. Also, he was watching my son while I went to work and I found out that he was disciplining my child after I asked him not to. I just want him gone and away from my son.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    You must give him a written notice of eviction, not just a verbal one. Some basic info on SC evictions here: South Carolina Eviction Process Can be Won with a 5 Day Notice Form and you can see a sample SC eviction notice here:
    South Carolina Eviction Notice Form - South Carolina Eviction Notice Sample

If after the 30 days he still refuses to leave the next step is to get a court order, then the sheriff can get involved to physically remove him.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 11:06 AM
    You are effectively subletting your apartment to him, so yes, you are his landlord. You have a verbal agreement as to the rent he pays (the electric bill and providing chid care), so even though there is no written lease he has the right to 30-day notice of eviction.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Ok, I did not know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    You are effectively subletting your apartment to him, so yes, you are his landlord. You have a verbal agreement as to the rent he pays (the electric bill and providing chid care), so even though there is no written lease he has the right to 30-day notice of eviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brother won't leave my mother's house? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother won't leave my mothers house, he doesn't pay rent, has three kids and up until recently a daycare has been watching them. We were forced into watching them all the time while he sat around did nothing and went out whenever he pleased. He works and make about 5grand a month. He drives a...

Brother doesn't want to leave my apt and I'm moving [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, my brother is 20 years old. His foster parents died and I let him live with me for 2 years. He has no money or job, but he doesn't want to get ojt of my apt and I'm moving. My furniture is being moved to my new apt today. He can not move with me to my new place because I am moving with my...

How can I help my father get my 18 year old brother to leave? [ 5 Answers ]

My brother is extremely disrespectful to my father. He doesn't have a job, does nothing around the house to help. Runs up the electricity bill by leaving his window open so he can smoke pot in his room with his druggie friends. Steals from everyone in the house. Brings strangers in the house....

My brother will not leave [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a 39yo and I'm on disabled and on SSDI. I live with my 84 yo father who is the homeowner. My father and I get along great. We have my brother and his wife living with us. He has not held a job for more than 2-3 weeks at a time. His wife is also on SSDI. They don't pay rent or help with the...

How can I have my brother leave our father's house and move in with me? [ 2 Answers ]

My father is a great man, but in the last few years, things have gotten really bad in our family since my mother became severely depressed and tried to kill herself. He has become the complete provider for the family, while my mom sits by, silent. My brother is 14 and things are becoming too...

View more questions Search