Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shareen38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 05:15 PM
    My husband invites ex without checking how his wife feels
    I am throwing mu husband a 50th birthday party... and he invites his ex girlfriend without asking me how I feel about it ? She the ex making plans to be here and ask if she can tag along with us frm spore to msia ?

Question if she can make plans frm US to Spore ? Why can't she plan to arrange her trip all the way to Msia? I am not in favour we hvto drop her all the way to hotel with having two kids with us ? I never liked her personality, typically dumb blonde French??

She doesn't realised that I know that my husband and her was courting before... and she still send message without realising that my husband is married. I know it means a lot for my husband to hv his frens ard... for his 50th birthday but her presence really bothering... I m afraid I can't be myself... what hsld I do do... I hv been cold towards my husband since he said it was OK for her to tag along without asking me...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 05:17 PM
    He should have cleared it with you... even though it took real cojones (balls) for him to even ask her to come.

I think you are right. And I'm a guy.
    shareen38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 05:32 PM
    Hi < Thanks... I thought I was being sensitive about the whole thing... but I feel good now.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 06:26 PM
    She doesn't know you two are married?? I wonder when he plans on telling her!
    I'd send body language that he is mine like sitting close to him, holding hands if you do that normally. I'd be making small talk about little memories you have with your husband that makes him special, etc...
    AND I'd sit back, close but laid back and watch and listen to how they interact and how much you he includes in the conversation.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 03:15 PM
    He should have asked you first. That is way crazy and for her to tag along with you guys, I'd tell him no way! I'd also asking what he was thinking when he asked her, why he would think that is OK? How long have you been married and how long ago was she the ex.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 9, 2013, 04:44 PM
    A compromise would be to make her go to all the way to Msia (Malaysia?) by herself. I agree that 'tagging along' is not only uncomfortable, but you have your hands full with kids. It isn't even just the connection to the past, it's everything!
    (However, be careful, I'm not French but I am blonde.. )
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
    Take the family album to entertain her on the way if you do get stuck with the long drive
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:50 PM
    She should have never even been asked, not proper and certainly not proper to "tag" along.

And if she did not know he was married, that is his doing, and makes it seem worst.

I would tell him, he made a mistake, and that she is not welcoem
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 06:11 AM
    If he does not cancel her invitation with her, I'd cancel the party.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 10, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    If he does not cancel her invitation with her, I'd cancel the party.
    Good idea. Give him 50 coupons to MacDonald's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife's checking account [ 4 Answers ]

Ihave my social security check and pension direct deposit in to my wife's account Iam not named on the account what so ever can't wright cheks not authorizied at all can this account be frozen got letter on aug 31 said do not change any thing at bank as of 31st but have been able to use debt card...

My wife tells me that she feels like we lost our connection [ 3 Answers ]

Well we have been married since 2004. We started dating in 2004 and at the time my wife broke up with a ex-boyfriend. We have been very happy since then. We now have 3 children in three years. We always said that we were soulmates. Everything was good until our second pregnancy. She was...

Suspicious behavior - Wife feels trapped and wants out? [ 5 Answers ]

She's my 2nd wife. We've been married for 3 years now. She has an older son, I have a girl and 2 boys from previous marriage and we have 1 little boy in common from our new marriage. She's very attractive and very flirtatious, has always been, and its one thing that burns me up. I almost dumped her...

View more questions Search