Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eewick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 10:46 AM
    Deeding land to children
    My parents own land in Massachusetts (Cape Cod) that does not have a mortgage and want to deed the property to my husband and I to build a house. What are the implications of doing this?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 10:49 AM
    It would be viewd as a gift in that calender year... and as such considered taxible income in that year. Assuming its value exceeds the gift limit fotr the callender year.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 06:46 PM
    Well, not "income". It would be a gift, taxible if in excess of the exclusion amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land inhertance problems between children [ 2 Answers ]

We have 20 acres. There are 3 of us it was willed to. One brother wants to survey and deed off each portion. Will this hurt the value?

Is it better to deed land to children before selling it [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is selling her 80 acres of farm land. She has owned it and rented it since the 1960s. It is my future inheritance. Is it better for tax purposes to add me or change the title over to me before the auction sale.

Children's movie where the land is soft [ 0 Answers ]

I can't remember all the details but there is this movie where the land is soft and the character goes down the tree to a different land to save someone who lost their bouncing ball or to get the ball?

Parents deeded land to children before their death, tax consequence upon sale of land [ 1 Answers ]

What is tax consequentce on sale of land that was deeded to children before death of parents (now deceased)

80s children's movie in fantasy land [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I'm looking for the title of this movie. I only have a very vague description though.. All I remember is a guy and he gets in his car or something and flys away to a fantasy land with his friend to find a girl who's trapped there and in that land its full of scary little monsters or something...

View more questions Search