Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abraxas9394 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Testicle injury
    Can you recommend ice or heat for a testicle injury? Or something else?
    Thank you!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Have you been to a doctor yet? If for no other reason that to determine if any damage has been done if the pain is lingering more than a few minutes.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 08:50 AM
    I recommend "somethng else" - a visit to a Physician.

This is nothing to be left untreated.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 08:51 AM
    Just noticed - where are your testicles that they get injured every 5 months? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mens-h...ry-732247.html
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 08:55 AM
    LOL... that's a good question, Judy.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 08:56 AM
    My recommendation... is however whatever he's doing that he is manageing to do this every 5 months... is to stop doing it. Bruising your nuts isn't far from rupturing your nuts.

Reminds me of the little known story of Humpty Dumpty and his litlte known twin brother...
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Okay, Smoothy, I'll ask - and I know I'll live to regret it.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Well Humpty and his brother always horsed around as little eggs... playing around on walls and such... and they both fell off and while humpty got lucky and only cracked his shell... his brother wasn't so lucky...

The second time around as a big egg of some repute Humpty never learned his lesson and fell again... and we know how that story ended.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 09:26 AM
    Classic!

Jul 8, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Yes - months ago following the initial injury. No torsion. No rupture. No discernible problem in ultrasound images, then or in follow-up. He says ice; I'm hoping for some anecdotal help.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Have you been to a doctor yet? If for no other reason that to determine if any damage has been done if the pain is lingering more than a few minutes.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 09:37 AM
    So... this pain remains from the initial injury... or just a new occurrence?

Seriously though.. if it remains from the original injury I'd see another doctor if this one can't find something... if it's a reinjury... how long has this pain been there.

Might help us understand if you tell us in general terms how you did this... was it from a strain or impact for example?

At least it was determined there was no serious damage... however us guys know it takes very little to cause actual pain.

Jul 8, 2013, 09:42 AM
    Yes, pain and swelling, from an injury last fall, continue to come and go. I am on doctor #3 now.. .

So...this pain remains from the initial injury....or just a new occurance?

Seriously though..if it remains from the original injury I'd see another doctor if this one can't find something...if its a reinjury....how long has this pain been there.

Might help us understand if you tell us in general terms how you did this....was it from a strain or impact for example?

At least it was determined there was no serious damage....however us guys know it takes very little to cause actual pain.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 09:44 AM
    Has any of the three had a MRI done did they rely on their sense of touch alone.

Jul 8, 2013, 09:44 AM
    Forgot to add - injury was an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas9394 View Post
    Yes, pain and swelling, from an injury last fall, continue to come and go. I am on doctor #3 now . . .

Jul 8, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Ongoing problem; I am not continuing to put myself in harm's way.. .

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Just noticed - where are your testicles that they get injured every 5 months? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mens-h...ry-732247.html

Jul 8, 2013, 09:46 AM
    MRI, ultrasound, X-ray to look for fracture. Quite a few ultrasounds, actually, including Doppler. They say I "should" be OK.

Has any of the three had a MRI done did they rely on their sense of touch alone.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas9394 View Post
    MRI, ultrasound, X-ray to look for fracture. Quite a few ultrasounds, actually, including Doppler. They say I "should" be OK.
    Hmmm... seems like they covered all the bases well...

Dull or sharp pain? Is it a pronounced pain or a mild discomfort. And has it decreased or increased during that time.

Jul 8, 2013, 10:28 AM
    Dull ache, sometimes very painful. Sometimes a feeling like extra weight. Can't say that it has gotten better or worse - it comes and goes.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Looks like I owe you an apology - I guess my senses are dulled by the other insincere people who come on and ask questions.

I apologize.

Jul 8, 2013, 10:42 AM
    I should have been more clear. I'm pretty preoccupied with my problem, especially on days (like now!) when I have pain. It didn't occur to me that two posts asking the same question might look odd - and actually, I'm not sure yet that I understand what you thought I might be up to. But, as you might imagine, the situation is not very humorous to me so: apology appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Looks like I owe you an apology - I guess my senses are dulled by the other insincere people who come on and ask questions.

I apologize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is heat or cold better for a testicle injury? [ 2 Answers ]

Is heat or cold better for a testicle injury?

Testicle pain moved from one testicle to the other [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I am an 18 years old male and I would like to ask you about a testicular pain I have -what are the possible causes? Should I do something or just wait ? Two weeks ago I felt a strong pain in the right testicle - I felt that it has twisted but after a few seconds it untwisted on itself (I...

Testicle lump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump on the skin (I don't know really how to describe) it kind of looks like a pimple but no puss and way bigger.I just noticed it about 2 days ago but now it is starting to hurt to walk a little bit.

I have one testicle [ 14 Answers ]

When I was 9 years old, my right testicle was hurting real bad, so I went to the emergency room, I got taken, and the doctor said he will try his best to save my testicle. Well it turns out it twisted and didn't get any oxygen, and now I am currently 16, and I have a dream of become a United States...

One testicle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have 1 testicle and have had my hole life, I think it must have gone undetected as a kid as no one ever mentioned it to me. I have seen a doctor or anyone yet because I want it to be a secret. I was wondering am I indangering myself by not seeking advice.

View more questions Search