Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Jul 7, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Texting and Cheating?
    In January I was reading through my boyfriends texts to find out that on one drunken night a girl who he called his “white elephant” (aka the girl that got away) kissed him. When I confronted him about this he was mad I went through his phone. He said that it was a drunken mistake and it would never happen again. I told him I would forgive him but to NEVER talk to her again. In my opinion, if she didn’t respect his 3-year relationship with me then she should not be in his life. He agreed and promised he would not. It has been a hard year and this past week I was just feeling like something was up in my gut. He had just gone on a boys weekend and I had a weird feeling. I looked at his phone and discovered she and him had drunk flirted. The texts included him calling her babe, asking if he can “relax her” and making plans to go wine tasting (general plans but not date decided and no follow up).

I love him but how do I approach this? Am I in the wrong for not trusting him/how should I trust him? I guess I am just scared that our relationship will be over and he will be totally fine without me. I have not taken any action yet but advice would be great.

Thank you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 08:48 PM
    Obviously he isn't content being in a monogamous relationship. You need to decide can you live with a guy that sneaks to see this other girl or do you walk away from the relationship knowing you can not change him?
    Looking through his phone is not the answer, but I know what you mean about those gut feelings and you want to have evidence before accusing him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 11:06 PM
    Why are you reading through is texts? He may be cheating, but you invaded his privacy. I don't see a healthy relationship here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does his texting mean he is cheating? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 30 years. 15 years ago, I suspected infidelity with a co-worker but had no proof. It lasted a few years. I recently discovered that he has been texting a 25-yr-old girl. He is 72. I started checking the phone bill and discovered that he has been sending from 60...

Broken friendship? Is texting cheating? [ 4 Answers ]

*Zoe has been my best friend for about a year now, and she wasn't afraid to tell everyone. She is popular and has had more boyfriends than I can count... they never last too long. Her current boyfriend, *Josh, is one of my very close friends, and has been for about 3 years. He has always been sort...

Is texting and calling other women cheating [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 yrs has been texting women when I go to bed. I have found out that he is calling them and they are calling and texting him also throughout the day>

Is Texting other women cheating? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfiend and I have been together for 4 months, we have both not been in serious realtionships for a long time and the time we have been together has been a difficult adjustment (as we were not friends before we got together) A few weeks ago I found several messages from his ex on his phone,...

Cheating on your ex, then cheating on your current boyfriend with your ex. [ 17 Answers ]

Quite the dilemma you would say. I'm actually not feeling anything morrally wrong about it, but that's wrong. I would like to say that I'm confused about my actions and how this all happened. Over the summer my xbf went away for the summer for 2months. As for the Long Distance Relationship -...

View more questions Search