Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sallsandra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Two collection agency trying to collect on one account
    We are in consumer counseling and making our payments in a timely manner, but are still being harassed by one creditor that is not making any sense. This one collection agency keeps calling to collect on a debt, but there is also another collection agency doing the same thing on the same account. The latter collection agency send a letter thanking us for the payments and to continue to proceed with consumer counseling, but on the same day the other collection called and demanded money in full on the same account. Can anyone explain this?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Dispute the second collectors claim, demand that they validicate the alleged account. By do so tis will prove one of the two is lying.

Demand that the produce the original contract.
    sallsandra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sallsandra
    We are in consumer counseling and making our payments in a timely manner, but are still being harassed by one creditor that is not making any sense. This one collection agency keeps calling to collect on a debt, but there is also another collection agency doing the same thing on the same account. The latter collection agency send a letter thanking us for the payments and to continue to proceed with consumer counseling, but on the same day the other collection called and demanded money in full on the same account. Can anyone explain this?
    Dispute the letter or the people that are calling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency [ 7 Answers ]

I was contacted by a collection agency a few months ago about a debt for an emergency room visit. I told them I had not received any bills, and that I would try to apply for charity care. Two months later they called back. I told the woman I was speaking to that I would like a copy of the bill...

Collection Agency license to collect in my state? [ 1 Answers ]

I sent a letter to a collection to give me information the verify's they are license to operate in my state (Florida) they have not responded. How do I find out if a collection agency is license to collect in my state :confused: :confused:

Collection agency stopped my bank account. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would like to have a legal advice from someone who knows tenant and landlord litigation. If you are able to help me your help would be greatly appreciated If not please help me find somebody who can answer my question. Back in 2001 I had lived in a apartment building in the Bronx and I...

Collection Agency-Sttatue of limitation to collect deb [ 13 Answers ]

I have been contacted by Nordon Collections on a debt from May 2003 In which they advise I owe $9,467.00 due to a car loan after they sold The vehicle on a repo they advised I owe this amount and will take Me to Superior court If I don't pay it today and garnishee my wages. I advised them I do...

What to say to collection agency? [ 1 Answers ]

Book Antiqua1blue My question is probably a common knowledge question, however not for me. About 2 years ago an ex-girlfriend (of Course) and I went into a jewelry store that my ex-girlfriends best friends mom worked. We found a ring of course that total was around $1200.00. I put 25% down. At...

View more questions Search