Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lps495 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
    A humid 112
    3 yrs ago had refubished ac unit installed . It has maybe 30 hours on it. I use a swamp cooler(window). Now it's blowing almost cool air. Humid 112 today help:-)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 11:07 AM
    Swamp cooler will not work in high humidity as evaporation will be too low to cool air. Even a full AC unit will have a hard time dissipating heat at 112F.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 02:37 PM
    ma0641 is absolutely correct. With them temps, a swamp cooler is pretty much no good. And as he also mentioned, even with a correctly sized a/c unit, at them temps you are not ever going to cool the place like you desire, or at the very least it would run 24/7. Just no magic fix for these temps and humidities, at least without spending many thousands of dollars, and even then, you may never be completely satisfied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humid distibutor fix [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My 97 civic lx stopped starting when it was wet out. I discovered that blow drying the distributor for 3 minutes gets her running every time. The cap has no cracks and the spark wires look fine. Is there a seal between the cap and distributor that can be replaced? Does anyone know the procedure...

A/C seems to work fine but inside house is humid [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old Goodman 2 ton package unit (13 seer). Unit seems to work fine. But lately, the inside of the house seems humid all the time. Everything is sticky, and the air is humid and not dry like it should be. What should I look for to solve this problem?

Sku 112.cab [ 8 Answers ]

I am still looking for this file so I can open my games I keep getting box trying to install office 2003 which I don't have I have tried to down load from lime wire but it is in my virus chest and to scared to open it sorry the file is sku112.cab

Chemical that knows how humid it is. [ 1 Answers ]

Many years ago while attending a state fair in the mid-west one vendor would give away a one inch by three inch piece of paper that had the thickness like a manila file folder. This was impregnated with a chemical on a spot about the size of a dime. It had a pink color to it and when the humidity...

View more questions Search