Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ls2jeff Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2013, 03:41 AM
    Why does she lie about everything?
    My girlfriend recently started lying to me, well let me explain a little better. My girlfriend has two guy friends that she has known a long time. Both of them jump when ever she calls. Now recently she was kicking it with one a lot, I told her about it and we fought about it for about two weeks. I thought we were basically over. So she doesn't see him for about two more weeks, and in the mean time she has this secret app that makes all his text messages go to her calender. I ask her how come she's getting text messages, but when I text her it doesn't make a sound as with everyone else.

Then the other night I went out for two hours, I call her to see where she is and I get riddles (well I'm not over that way but I'm closer to home). I already knew where she was, so 5;30 am she gets home. I ask her who she was with and she tells me Jim (that's the other friend) then she goes into this elaborate story about how she got picked up then went gambling and won this money. 200 dollars (we live in Las Vegas). Well I let her go on and on then I say, only Jim? Yes honey only Jim. Well let me see your phone, why do you want to see my phone? I said you know why, so she says OK I went out with Ricky and Jim. I ask her why she lies to me? And she says I know you don't like him. But why lie about it? She says I make stupid decisions sometimes.

So I look at her phone and all of his text messages have been deleted including call log. Again I ask her why, same answer stupid decisions. So what do you think I should do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2013, 05:56 AM
    All I need to hear is the 5:30 am part. You are being PLAYED. Doesn't matter whether she is having sex or not; she's not really committed to you at all. I'm not saying couples shouldn't go out with other friends, but this is going too far.
    PS: she sounds pretty smart with all that phone stuff. You will be hornswaggled over and over again.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 06:10 AM
    I think you need to stop demanding that her friends not be male.

Why are you so jealous. She is lying to you because she knows how you will react. i.e. checking her phone, interrogation, etc.

If you have never met these particular two friends, then have them over for a meal. That would most likely put everybody at ease. But then, jealousy has a way of rearing it's controlling and demanding head, so maybe it won't matter.

Next, because you are convinced that she must be doing something wrong because she has male friends, her male co-workers, next door neighbours and the guy at the bakery will all be suspect.

I think the problem that needs to be addressed here, is your jealousy.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Posted by joypulv
    All I need to hear is the 5:30 am part. Doesn't matter whether she is having sex or not; she's not really committed to you at all. I'm not saying couples t go out with other friends,.
    DITTO I think you need to start going out on your own, not caring what she thinks and get over her and get out of her life
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Why are you jealous of her two old friends? I think her lies are a reaction to you trying to control and isolate her from her friends.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 07:31 AM
    Yep she is definitely lying so she doesn't have to hear his complaints of disapproval but I get the feeling they want 2 different ways of life and better off not being together
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 09:21 AM
    I'm going against the flow here... I think she's messing around on you. 5:30am? Yeah, that's not acceptable at all... hiding things, secret apps... sure, I'll agree that you have jealousy issues but I don't think they are unfounded with her in this case. This is very similar to what my first wife was doing all while telling me it was only friends. I knew better and I caught her.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 09:38 AM
    No telling how far either of them has gone in their insecurities or deceptions but we do know the relationship is in crisis and unhealthy.

Such relationships won't last long and we know that too.
    current pert

Jul 7, 2013, 09:39 AM
    I decided to mull this over some more, because of the wide gap in opinions here.
    I notice now that you 'went out for two hours' the night she stayed out until 5:30 am, and wonder if that wasn't a message of sorts.
    I think she's smart not just about phones and apps - she doesn't mess around with petty jealousy.
    We don't know why YOU went out at night. Who YOU kicked it with. And so on...
    You need to get a clear picture of your own feelings and actions, and talk about it with her without accusing. Or she's going to dump you first.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 09:41 AM
    And I am standing next to my colleague, Odinn - he just got here first.

I don't know 100% if she's cheating. I do know that sometimes lying when there is absolutely nothing happening is a shorter road than perpectual cross examination and living with rebukes and accusations.

Reminds me of my sister who smuggles shoes into her house in a grocery bag. Why? Because it's easier than the lecture. Her money, her choice, her shoes. She doesn't want to hear it.

"Well I let her go on and on then I say, only Jim? Yes honey only Jim. Well let me see your phone, why do you want to see my phone? I said you know why,"

When you said "... let me see your phone ..." and blinked you would have opened your eyes to me packing. The Police conduct the same line of questioning, and you don't have to tolerate them calling you honey.

There either is trust or there isn't. If there isn't, leave. If there is, leave her alone.

I'd lie to the OP, too, just to stop the accusations.

I'm an investigator, and I'll give the same old advice - what you most fear you make happen and if you snoop be prepared for what you find.

" I told her about it and we fought about it for about two weeks" Told her? Not asked her, told her? This isn't a relationship - the whole tone of it sounds like ownership. She has three choices - drop old friends for this relationship, continue with the friends and tell the OP that's how it is - or lie. I say she lies while pondering the next step. And I suspect OP and his jealousy and "directions" for her life will only get worse.

And, yes, I've been cheated on. And, yes, he looked me in the eyes and lied. This is not my first rodeo.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 12:23 PM
    Concesses: cheating or not, relationship unhealthy.

Jul 7, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    All I need to hear is the 5:30 am part. You are being PLAYED. Doesn't matter whether she is having sex or not; she's not really committed to you at all. I'm not saying couples shouldn't go out with other friends, but this is going too far.
    PS: she sounds pretty smart with all that phone stuff. You will be hornswaggled over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I think you need to stop demanding that her friends not be male.

Why are you so jealous. She is lying to you because she knows how you will react. i.e. checking her phone, interrogation, etc.

If you have never met these particular two friends, then have them over for a meal. That would most likely put everybody at ease. But then, jealousy has a way of rearing it's controlling and demanding head, so maybe it won't matter.

Next, because you are convinced that she must be doing something wrong because she has male friends, her male co-workers, next door neighbours and the guy at the bakery will all be suspect.

I think the problem that needs to be addressed here, is your jealousy.
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    DITTO I think you need to start going out on your own, not caring what she thinks and get over her and get out of her life
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Yep she is definitely lying so she doesn't have to hear his complaints of disapproval but I get the feeling they want 2 different ways of life and better off not being together
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I'm going against the flow here....I think she's messing around on you. 5:30am? Yeah, that's not acceptable at all....hiding things, secret apps....sure, I'll agree that you have jealousy issues but I don't think they are unfounded with her in this case. This is very similar to what my first wife was doing all while telling me it was only friends. I knew better and I caught her.
    Thank you all.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 07:48 PM
    A red flag for me is that you 'knew' where she was when she didn't tell you. How? Were you guessing? Did you mean you knew who she was with? Or are you doing more to track her movements than asking to see her phone?

It sounds like the jealousy hit hard after she started spending more time with one friend than with the other or both of them. Was there a reason you were feeling insecure about that friendship? Really, it does sound like her hiding things was a result of being treated like a misbehaving child. Was/is there something about their relationship that you haven't said?

When you think back, do you think you could have handled the situation that caused a two week long fight in a different manner? I would be hiding things too if I didn't want to wage another drawn out battle. Did you ever calm down enough to talk and listen to each other or did she 'give in' and, as it turned out, start hiding things?

IF you want this relationship to work out, I suggest that you sit down together and work out where the boundaries of good behavior are and trust each other to live within them.

Is 5:30 am that unusual when they go out gambling? I live in a town that rolls the sidewalks up at 10:00 pm so I don't know what the expectations are in a city that doesn't close.

Jul 8, 2013, 12:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    A red flag for me is that you 'knew' where she was when she didn't tell you. How? Were you guessing? Did you mean you knew who she was with? Or are you doing more to track her movements than asking to see her phone?

It sounds like the jealousy hit hard after she started spending more time with one friend than with the other or both of them. Was there a reason you were feeling insecure about that friendship? Really, it does sound like her hiding things was a result of being treated like a misbehaving child. Was/is there something about their relationship that you haven't said?

When you think back, do you think you could have handled the situation that caused a two week long fight in a different manner? I would be hiding things too if I didn't want to wage another drawn out battle. Did you ever calm down enough to talk and listen to each other or did she 'give in' and, as it turned out, start hiding things?

IF you want this relationship to work out, I suggest that you sit down together and work out where the boundaries of good behavior are and trust each other to live within them.

Is 5:30 am that unusual when they go out gambling? I live in a town that rolls the sidewalks up at 10:00 pm so I don't know what the expectations are in a city that doesn't close.
    Here's a little more detail: before the two week fight, she had been going over there and telling me she would be back soon. I don't know what soon is to you but to me it's a couple hours, so she leaves its still daylight well when she gets back its still daylight the next day. I said to her that's wrong so she says I didn't take the truck so I had to wait until he takes me back. The next time she takes the truck, well she comes home at like 4:55 am well I can't just be stuck at home day after day when she comes home same time anyway. Now she has keys to his house so she goes over there while he's at work. Why I don't know, but she says because they are such good friends she could go over whenever she wanted, and that he trusted her. Well I said to her it doesn't seem right you spending all that time over there and only an hour or two here. I said if you don't
    Want to be with me let me know she says no I see what your saying ill start spending more time with you. That's what she says but that's not what she does now she starts comeing home at three thirty or four in the afternoon. So she doesn't come home at all now so I've had enough I take her things and her dog and bring them over there. She told me she was
    Not over there and to call her later. I was bringing them anyway, so I get there and two of our other friends are just getting there also. She opens the door I give her or should I say I leave her stuff and her dog outside. I leave and go home two days later she comes by gives me some excuse apologizes and I let her back. There is so much more but I can't type anymore.
    current pert

Jul 8, 2013, 12:53 AM
    She's just not ready for one on one. She likes the whole hanging out with the crowd scene, and she doesn't like your jealousy. Either you accept it, or you join in, or you break up with her. From the sound of things she isn't going to change, and you aren't either. You aren't meant for each other. For all you know, you are just a home base for her and her dog that she can't really have somewhere else.

Jul 8, 2013, 01:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    She's just not ready for one on one. She likes the whole hanging out with the crowd scene, and she doesn't like your jealousy. Either you accept it, or you join in, or you break up with her. From the sound of things she isn't going to change, and you aren't either. You aren't meant for each other. For all you know, you are just a home base for her and her dog that she can't really have somewhere else.
    That's what I was thinking
    Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 05:05 AM
    Sounds like a dope house to me and giving you the benefit of a doubt, she spends way too much time with a group you don't know or like and you two don't seem to have compatible lifestyles.

Way too much conflict and drama. Hope you are done with it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 06:52 AM
    "I leave and go home two days later she comes by gives me some excuse apologizes and I let her back. There is so much more but I can't type anymore."

It is your choice to be part of the drama and heartbreak or to walk away.

At least once you have been a participant despite having your eyes open wide.

Another thread with half the story in the original question.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2013, 05:11 PM
    The more you tell someone who they can't hang out with, the more they will hang out with them and the more they will lie to you. It's a vicious cycle. This relationship is going downhill, I've seen this pattern way too many times. Perhaps its time to accept that she is not "the one".
    solidrock Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 05:31 PM
    I think she's cheating on you. Break up before she breaks your heart . Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband lies to avoid conflict: he lies about who text him, and messaged him. [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for only four months. We have a seven month old daughter and are both still in school. He has always been the type to have many friends that are girls. Once we got married these women still continued to talk to him constantly. One of which text him on his birthday...

Lies [ 5 Answers ]

We married quick, and everything was awesome, we attended church.regularly, rededicated, got baptisted together, and life was great. I kept my past hide, a debt that I made many yrs before. When money got tight would shuffle money around to keep it coverd, well finially had to come clean.. an...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

She Lies [ 4 Answers ]

We have a friend, who has lied to us consistantly since day 1. It's only been recent that we as her group of friends have come together and noticed her obvious lies. We've also looked back on some of the absoloute bollocks shes told us. For example: Sleeping on a bench/door step in Camden with...

View more questions Search