Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Warsenate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Should I continue to work things out?
    I was engaged to the love of my life for almost a year and a half. I saw on Facebook one day that she had changed her relationship status to single. I was alarmed because we were doing great prior to that morning. So I called her phone trying to figure out what was going on to no answer. I called her house and her family informed me that she broke up with me and didn't want to talk to me. So I go to her house and clear out my belongings. Finally my Ex-Fiance calls to meet up with me. She informs me that she's been having sex with someone else and it was over, because she felt guilty over it and was ashamed of herself. I pleaded with her to come with me and work and talk everything out, and she declined. A few days after I saw that she was in a relationship with said guy. During all this time we were still talking regularly about how we both regretted the situation and we love each other and we'd start working it out. However, she contradicts herself by her actions by still seeing him and telling me she is confused and its all grey to her. My question is: Should I keep trying to work things out with her or let her go. Remembering the fact that I love her with all my heart. I just do not know what to do anymore.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Come on now... she's messing around with another guy while telling you she's sorry... it's only to alleviate her own guilt. What do you really think you'll be able to work out with her? How would you ever trust her again IF she came back to you? She's a liar and a cheat and you should be glad you found out now before getting married to this bag of lies.

There is someone out there for you... don't settle for this one and obsess over her and tear your life up because of her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Dude she was cheating behind your back, and dumped you online. Leave her alone for gosh sake and count your blessings because she will probably cheat on him too, with you again.

She has a distinct lack of honesty, and a streak of cowardice. Take your heart back and treat it better, because she sure isn't.

What do you need a hit upside the head with a brick or something?

Jul 6, 2013, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Come on now....she's messing around with another guy while telling you she's sorry...it's only to alleviate her own guilt. What do you really think you'll be able to work out with her? How would you ever trust her again IF she came back to you? She's a liar and a cheat and you should be glad you found out now before getting married to this bag of lies.

There is someone out there for you....don't settle for this one and obsess over her and tear your life up because of her.
    Thank you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Confused-translates-I want to keep your hopes up in case this doesn't work then I have your arms to fall back into. Work things out- translates-I still need time to wean off those old feelings I still have got for you so I will string you along. You are only playing into her playing you by continuing putting up with any of this
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2013, 11:49 PM
    Agree with the above.
    You need another brick upside the head: I have a feeling that any engagement lasting over a year is trouble. Where were the wedding plans? Why weren't you more aware of what was going on right under your nose? From a woman's perspective (mine), I'm sensing a lack of attentiveness to your relationship, making her ripe for the picking. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Jul 7, 2013, 11:46 AM
    We had wedding plans for when I finished College this fall. Our families were going to come down, who are scattered around the US. I was fully attentive to her, I just trusted that she was telling me the truth.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Warsenate View Post
    We had wedding plans for when I finished College this fall. Our families were going to come down, who are scattered around the US. I was fully attentive to her, I just trusted that she was telling me the truth.
    Thanks, that clears the air about that. Maybe she had wedding jitters, not uncommon when that young. Just guessing again.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2013, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Warsenate View Post
    Have some self-respect and move on with your life. Regardless of whether it is wedding gitters or not, this behaviour is unacceptable. You will need to cut her out of your life for good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Due to an accident, Barbara is a paraplegic. She wants to continue her work at the A [ 1 Answers ]

Due to an accident, Barbara is a paraplegic. She wants to continue her work at the ABC Company where she is employed as a tax accountant. Therefore, Barbara has installed a voice-activated program to her office computer. This program allows Barbara to operate her telephone, computer, and...

Me and My girlfriend don't know if we want to continue things. [ 16 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 4 months told me I'm pushing her away by not trusting her. I thought nothing of it. She became distant and began going out more frequently.Everytime she went out I would call her like 5 times to see what she was doing. I felt that I was always being second in the relationship when...

Moving to NY but will continue to work in NJ [ 5 Answers ]

We are contemplating a move to NY state, but both my wife and I will still continue to work in NJ. Is there an easy, no brainer way to find out how much we will need to pay in taxes? Do we need to file a state tax claim in both states? How do we figure out if it makes sense to relocate? Thanks.

View more questions Search