Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RandomHollie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 10:05 AM
    Does tongue piercing hurt ?
    Hi I'm thinking about getting my tongue pierced when I'm 15 I'm 14 now and I'm wondering if it will hurt a lot I had my nose pierced with the gun and I have my ear stretched and they didn't hurt so does a tongue piercing hurt? Please answer
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Don't get me going on tongue piercings, but to answer your question it all depends on your pain level, some hurt, some don't.

Would like to point out though, give a lot of thought to your tongue piercing as care and cleaning are very important, complications can arise from bad hygiene that can effect your entire mouth. Some instances have been reported whereby infections can occur that can impact your physical body.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 10:21 AM
    It depends on the person, but they are finding out that tongue piercing is not a good idea. There is a study showing it may cause abscesses in the brain.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 11:00 AM
    Employers do not like to hire people with tongue piercings. The piercings cause speech problems, so customers are turned off when the person talks and they can't understand what is said and when they see the stud inside (ewwwwww factor).
    RandomHollie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 09:29 PM
    tickle thanks for the advice and I am thinking about it
    N0help4u I will have to look into that but I have done a lot of research on getting it done and if you get it done properly nothing bad will happen
    Wondergirl it depends on how use to it you are not every one will have a speech problem I know 3 people with it done and none of them have a speech problem and if when I get a job witch won't be for 3-4 year by that time it would be more than OK to take out and put a invisible one in
    geron56 I don't need it but I want it I like the way it looks it makes you an individual
    Thanks all for your advice I will think about it :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 09:35 PM
    Ask your dentist about nothing bad happening. There can be plenty of damage to your teeth.

"Wearing oral piercing ornaments, even over relatively short periods, may result in significant deformities to gingival tissue (gums) that might not respond satisfactorily to surgery and, in fact, may lead to tooth loss," says lead researcher John K. Brooks, DDS, associate professor at the University of Maryland Dental School in a news release.
    Oral Piercing Causes Long-Term Dental Damage

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHollie View Post
    i like the way it looks it makes you an individual
    At 15, don't you have to have parental permission for a tongue piercing?

How does it make you an individual, especially if your friends have them? You won't stand out in the crowd then. I personally think it would make you look like something else. But then you have the stretched ear lobes already. I would love to talk to you again when you are in your 40s.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2013, 01:55 AM
    If you have researched this. Then what did you think of them downside of tongue piercing as show in J9' s post?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2013, 05:29 AM
    I doubt the brain abscess study showed that people that got it done right didn't have abscesses
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 13, 2013, 05:33 AM
    There is also the issue of reputation. As far as I know there is only one reason for toungue piercings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a tongue piercing hurt [ 2 Answers ]

Im 17 and thinking of getting my tongue pierced this summer. I don't really have a great pain tolerance and am a bit worried about the pain. The only thing that I have pierced are my ears like most people. So how bad does it hurt? And how do I prepare for it?

How much does a tongue piercing hurt? [ 27 Answers ]

How much does a tongue piercing hurt? I have never had any piercing before I have a very high tolerance with pain but I'm horrible with needles

How long does a tongue piercing hurt [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I have many different piercings including snakebites, angelbites, both side of my nose, septum, ears, bellybutton, and now my tongue. I'm on my third day of getting it done, and this day has by far been the worst for swelling. I just wanted to ask how long (if you have had one,) did yours...

Does tongue piercing hurt? [ 29 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but I'm scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out? Message me asap tnx

View more questions Search