Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pbbflrw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 07:32 PM
    Inmate transfer
    Is there a process for an inmate in a Maryland Correctional Facility to request a transfer to a facility closer to his home?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 08:14 PM
    Hello p:

I'm sure there is. You may request a copy of the rules from the Department of Corrections. You could also write a letter to the judge asking him to recommend a transfer. I'm also sure there is a method by inmates are allowed to make requests. I suggest you read the rules first so that his request will be based ON the rules.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any advice for a federal inmate requesting a transfer to a prison nearer to home? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any advice you might have for a fed inmate who is considering making a request for transfer to a prison nearer to home? Are there any particular factors or points that an inmate's case worker is going to look for when considering an inmate's request for transfer? In their transfer request...

How do I find an ex inmate? [ 2 Answers ]

Lost contact with my best friend who was in prison and now he is released, is there any way I can find where he is now?

Released inmate [ 2 Answers ]

I was released from prison on march 2009. I am having a very hard time finding a job. Would like to know if anyone knows of any grants to start my own business? Thank you.

Housing for inmate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend he is in prison but he was paroled out he dose not have a place to stay I stay in atlanta GA. If there are anybody out there could please help me. They got him on sex offender charges and he has served his time it would be nice if he could get out before thanksgiving and he needs...

View more questions Search