Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    becka_davies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 04:05 PM
    My boyfriebd isn't interested in sex anymore..
    Im 19 and my boyfriend is 21 in two weeks! My boyfriend was out of a job for two years and finally got a job of 5 days a week and well over 12 hours a day and it is very physical. We've been together 10 months and in the last few months hehas been interested in sex at all and its getting worse. Hes not intersted in his hobbies anymore either. He is also tired all of the time. I don't want to break up with him as I am happy but just not in this department. He won't talk to anyone about it which fustrates me. I do feel that he could be suffereing from mild depression as I myself have suffered from severe depression when I was 16 years old. So I know the signs. He bottles all of his feelings up abd bassically I'm worried to hell abd don't know what to do. Im very open when it comes to sex and will dress up but get rejected.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 04:22 PM
    He's already told you what is wrong. Exhaustion is one of the most basic killers of a libido. When you're exhausted you really don't want to have anything to do sexually. You really just want to recharge. Give it a little time and maybe switch around when you want to have sex.

We're preoccupied with having sex before bed that we don't consider that maybe morning sex, for example, might be a good time to get things going. Explore that.

Depression might be the answer, but you're not really qualified to diagnose. You've been through it. If I broke my floating rib, I would know intense localized pain. Seeing someone with the same pain, I would suggest that they've got the same thing. The only problem is that it could be something completely different, and while my diagnosis was accurate for what I was experiencing, it wasn't even close to what the other person was.

He might be adjusting to the new job and the time constraints that come with it along with the physical efforts. Don't push him too much and don't be disappointed if you get rejected. You're not being rejected because he doesn't want to have sex with you, you're being rejected because he doesn't want to have sex with you right now. Give it a little time and it will even out.

In the meantime, talk with him and let him know how you're feeling. See if you can't hash something out there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend isn't interested in me anymore, what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and 1/2 years, and we're both 18. When we met it was like magic but as time went on he show less and less interest in me. He hardly shows me any affection, and treats me more like his friend than his girlfriend. I always ask him why he treats me this way...

He said he's not interested in having sex with me anymore [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5yrs and I live together - he's 36, I'm 44. Sex is almost non-existent anymore. As I type this, it's been almost two weeks since we've had sex and probably that long since we've french kissed. He kisses me on the lips daily, tells me he loves me, but it's very routine. Sex has...

Not Interested in Sex Anymore [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 55 year old man who has been married for close to 30 years to the same woman. I love her very much and think she is very attractive but I am not at all interested in sex. We used to have a great sex life up until about five years ago. But now, I just find it very boring... like I am...

Boyfriend not interested in sex anymore, help. [ 9 Answers ]

So here's the problem, I have been with my boyfriend for two and a half years. I am 20 he is 23. We are expecting our first child in February-unexpected. We both have jobs and are in school. For the past couple years our sex life has been slowly but surely going down. When we first got together...

View more questions Search