Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saxondog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Formula for hp/nm require to move tracked vehicles of 130lbs.
    Specific data. 1/6th scale tank.

5.65 dia.15 tooth sprockets turning 120rpm's max.

Require how much torque/nm to obtain 6mph.

Vehicle is 48" x 16" with 5" wide tracks.tracks are light weight under 5lbs with 77 links each, 1 revolution moving 18 links.

So based on this 4.2 sprocket revolutions move the vehicle approx.8ft in distance.

Vehicle weight being 130lbs. Difficult I know but the series of formulas required to determine the speed is beyond my skill.

Friction being one unknown, or drag being tracks. I have used gearmotors of 15nm stall torque,50rpm to achieve flat surface speeds of 1.2 mph.

Does anyone have a suggestion. Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Getting tracked polyurethane footprints off floor [ 1 Answers ]

We just got our floors sanded and refinished with polyurethane and I got a little on my shoe and tracked some footprints on the dry floor, how can I get these off?

Require a formula [ 4 Answers ]

I know I got paid $220 in 11:00 hours( I'm using the 24:00 format in the total time column.) And I know the answer is $20/hr, but what is the formula to calculate that hourly rate.

How can history be tracked [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to track internet sites that have been visited, even when the history is cleared.

Does Texas law require 30 or 60 days notice to move out [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter signed a one year lease due to expire on June 10th. She is moving to another state and gave notice on May 9th, which is 30 days. She was told that her contract said 60 days notice is required, so she would need to pay another 2 month's rent (approximately 1200.00). She has fulfilled...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.