Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sushmita585 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 07:11 AM
    Single sided love.
    It’s a long story. We were best friends. Even he considered me his best friend, or sometimes more than that. Firstly I considered him as a good friend but slowly and steadily I got a crush on him, a very strong type of infatuation. He used to say beautiful things to me like “you are my angel”.

Earlier he had a relationship which could not succeed. He told me that now I am his angel after his break up and the girl whom he can trust the most in this world. I could not complete a day without him. He used to text me day and night and became over possessive for me. I took all these things as if they were more than just being friends.

One day I told him that I have started loving him. He said that I also love you the same way or even more but we cannot be committed. I thought that at least my love is reciprocated. I was happy. I asked him why can’t we be committed then he answered that he is Bengali and I am Kayastha. But all of a sudden next morning he told me that he does not love me all. His caring and sweet talks were just of friendship and his intensions were not of love.

I was shattered and could not understand that what happened all of a sudden, I am very sad and depressed. Please help me out.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 07:22 AM
    If it is too hard on you to accept being only his angel and best friend maybe you need to tell him you can not talk with him any more because your feelings are too deep and its crushing you.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2013, 04:06 PM
    You were his rebound. You need to forget about this person otherwise you'll just get hurt.

Jul 4, 2013, 08:37 PM
    But can you tell me why he did this to me? What sort of feelings does he have when he said thet he can't complete a day without me and at the same time he says that he cannot indulge in any relationship with me?

If I was just s friend then why he was obsessive for me? Why he got angry if keep somebody else's photo in my mobile(any male frnd). Why he always want to go to a movie with me... why he provoked me to such an extent and backed ff. I am not able to eat;drink or sleep properly. My work is getting affected, I'm ruining my life. Plzz if someone has faced such prbs plzz contact me. Plzz give me advice and suggestions

I don't want to text him. I have decided that I will never ever talk to him. I thought may be he miss me but I am shocked to find that he doesn't even miss me. He says that I don't want to hurt you and only if you could stop your feelings then keep frndship with me otherwise don't keep. How can anyone be so bad and rude and selfish.. I want to hate him that cruel ridiculous person
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 10:30 PM
    You gave your heart to the wrong guy. It happens and feelings change a lot. He led you on and you followed. We have all done that.

Jul 4, 2013, 10:43 PM
    He played with my feelings?

I need serious help. I don't have friends to discuss all this. Plzz let me understand the situation.. why has he done it all to me. Is he selfish and now he is escaping? He played with my emotions?
    Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 06:51 AM
    Sorry for your hurt, but you had high expectations for something that didn't work. Most relationships are experiments with romance that may or may not last very long. Feelings get hurt when they don't or when they end. Its normal when you go from high hopes and elation to frustration, and deep disappointment and are hurt by the turn of events.

One day I told him that I have started loving him. He said that I also love you the same way or even more but we cannot be committed. I thought that at least my love is reciprocated. I was happy. I asked him why can't we be committed then he answered that he is Bengali and I am Kayastha. But all of a sudden next morning he told me that he does not love me all. His caring and sweet talks were just of friendship and his intensions were not of love.
    He told you honestly he could not be committed and you heard something else and got carried away with it. He clarified it the next day and reality hit you. Had you listened with your ears and not just your heart, you would have known from the beginning that anything other than friendship was NOT what he wanted.

So its not all him, and sweet words, it was you and how you listened. You wanted to hear the words, but failed to see the meaning behind them. So ask yourself how you could have ignored his words that he CANNOT commit to you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 07:10 AM
    He may have been caught by surprise and said what he thought you wanted to hear, maybe he considered trying to date you for that moment but changed his mind that night.

He was honest the next day, and you should know it most likely was hard for him to do that.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 07:58 AM
    I think he was honest with you - you expressed your feelings of love. He does not feel the same way, and he told you so.

Playing with your emotions would have involved continuing to see you even after he knew that you misunderstood his feelings.

I think you fell in love with a good friend and the good friend did not fall in love with you. You were there for him when he needed a friend. That's all it was.

Jul 5, 2013, 09:18 PM
    Thanks dear for all your replies and suggestions. Yes I had only misinterpreted all the things and uselessly hurt myself. I wish I had not done all this useless stuff. I'm not able to forget all these things. I want to for back to my normal life.
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 07:06 AM
    Now that would be the thing to do, don't regret the past, just resume your life without him, and make it better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One sided love. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a victim of one sided love. I love one girl very much. I did not propose her.I just indirectly indicated that I love her. From that day she stopped talking to me. But I cannot forget her. What should I do?

How to get over one-sided love? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old Indian boy living in New Delhi, India. About a year and half ago, I met an 18 year old Cuban-American girl, based in Miami, on Facebook. We started chatting and became very good friends. She calls me her best friend and we have audio-video chat sessions sometimes. We always keep...

One sided love [ 10 Answers ]

Threads merged and edited Hi all I really love one girl for past one year 3 months back I came to know she had a boyfriend, from that time I am in touch with her in any way.from three months I am tryiing to forget her ,but she stilll runs in my mind .I know she used me and she is of not high...

One sided love. [ 1 Answers ]

Edited for some lousy spelling I am deeply sad.. I'm depressed.. I live in sorrow... I'm 17 yrs old.. the only reason I'm writing here is because I don't have friends to talk to... I think I'm deeply in love with someone who I think doesn't love me back.. he's my classmate. But for some reason...

View more questions Search